Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Private Purchase Flight Jackets

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
I've had a fascination with private purchase flight jackets for quite sometime and am curious as to the different examples of private purchase jackets you all have come across either in collecting or in research.

I think the reason I like them so much, is because they were so widespread and offer a great variety for those doing reenacting, rather than the norm of the A-2s, B-3s and G-1s.

The jacket below is one that is a private purchase jacket that is in someones private collection. I love it because it has features I like, It has the G-1 style collar, with patch pockets with hand warmer pockets on the patch pockets, very cool. A jacket that could have easily been obtained by any flyer in any theater of operations. I just recently picked up a nice reproduction of this style jacket (minus the art of course) in my size. I'm going to use it for my all around private purchase jacket for reenacting. I know some people out there will contest that its better to portray the norm than the un-norm. Well I agree full heartedly but that just aint my style.
LuckyStrikeFront.jpg

LuckyStrikeBack.jpg

So what are some examples of private purchase flight jackets you have seen?

Edward

Bartender
I have seen a photo of an RAF officer in Africa wearing a jacket very similar to an Aero Bootlegger. Also have seen an m41 bearing AVG markings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace