Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pro-Curler

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
It's a very cool gadget. I got mine from KittyT and I can't wait til I have time to sit down and actually play around with it. It seems easy enough to use too.

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
Faye Valentine said:
i have 4 or 5 of those. i have directions that i can scan and post up in here tomorrow. the thing is, my hair is too uneven to look nice and neat. it's suppose to work to make you look like you have shirley temple curls (but closer to the scalp). I don't understand how it got mistaken for a pin curler because it's not a pin curler. I mean you COULD use it to curl up the hair and then take the bobby pin out after awhile and you'd have perfect curls

I'm going to stay on the lookout for one of these, sounds like an interesting way to form neat little pincurls (once they are flattened out and pinned properly). Oh the joy of ebay, I just found 5 listed!

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I just got one of these and to my surprise it is VERY handy! I wonder if there is a way you can use and end paper to keep the ends in line. I still have trouble with mine popping out and causing frizz :eusa_doh:

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like hot cakes!

I sold two (turned out I had three) on Etsy on a matter of days.
You can use endpapers, in fact, I think it's a lot easier if you do.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I think I bought yours Miss 1929, hehehe.

Hey, it would be a cool if we could post pics of what the curls look like using this! I am gonna try and take some pics of mine, so we can see the difference between a traditional pincurls and this tool. I think it make more like a barrel curl.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Mine just arrived along with some metal rollers and a "Hold Bob" which looks like a great little pin curling device. I'm going to play around with them this evening.

hurrah!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And try not winding so tightly. I also find that once it is wound, opening and closing the clip a little a few times sort of loosens the innermost part of the curl.

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I finally have one paid 9 dollars (shipping costs included)! It's so tiny!!!
Now I'm just waiting to use it, one of this days!

B.

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
updates on the pro-curler?

Hey guys,

I know this a pretty old thread to be reviving, but I was interested to know how everyone's experiments turned out?

I was thinking of getting one, but I am still confused as to whether this thing actually does pin curls, or just a curly type hair style. It seemed there was some indecision about what it does...

Plus, how does the pin fasten to your head? If you want to do flat pin curls, will you basically have to pin them yourself after using the curler to wind the hair for you?

p.s - you guys are a bad influence on me....already! I can tell I will be spending a lot of money here lol

Mary

Lillemor

One Too Many
kirawoidan said:
My bleached, dead hair took over an hour and half under the dryer!:)

Super healthy hair, thick, yet sparse hair can take just as long to dry even under a helmet when rolled up. The result is lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff