Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project Runway

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hate, hate, hate reality tv but I absolutely love this show! My favorite so far for this season is <a href="http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/3/bio/Laura_Bennett">Laura Bennett</a>. She is 42, a mother of 5, an architect, and studies 19th and 20th century jewelry. She has a very 30s feel to the clothing she wears.

Thoughts on the show?

Vanessa

One Too Many
Keith Michael all the way. His gown was one of only maybe three that was actually stylish and wearable off the runway.

But the real question is: how much does Malan grate on your nerves?

Miss_Bella_Hell

Vanessa said:
Keith Michael all the way. His gown was one of only maybe three that was actually stylish and wearable off the runway.

But the real question is: how much does Malan grate on your nerves?

Yes, I really liked him too, his dress was cute and wearable. He's cute too! And I can't believe he'd never made a dress before.

Malan is ALREADY completely unbearable. Ugh.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
And I can't believe he'd never made a dress before.

Yes, forgot to mention that - it was the first dress he'd ever made. According to his bio, he's sketched women's wear a lot & collaborated on pieces, but never actually whipped out anything himself. In fact, at the interview, he brought three men's pieces as his show 'n tell.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Vanessa said:
Yes, forgot to mention that - it was the first dress he'd ever made. According to his bio, he's sketched women's wear a lot & collaborated on pieces, but never actually whipped out anything himself. In fact, at the interview, he brought three men's pieces as his show 'n tell.

Mm hmm I saw that too and he handled the questions well, even that lady in the interview giving him a really hard time.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I like Robert's dress. It was pretty. And Kayne's. I think for me it's going to be between Robert, Keith, and Laura to win. But it's hard to say based on that one challenge.

Next year I'm so trying out. It looks like so much fun.

But why didn't the guy get kicked out who put the basket on her head? The dress didn't even fit at all. Neither did stacey's, but seriously, a basket and those huge pocket things??

Miss_Bella_Hell

Lauren Henline said:
I like Robert's dress. It was pretty. And Kayne's. I think for me it's going to be between Robert, Keith, and Laura to win. But it's hard to say based on that one challenge.

Next year I'm so trying out. It looks like so much fun.

But why didn't the guy get kicked out who put the basket on her head? The dress didn't even fit at all. Neither did stacey's, but seriously, a basket and those huge pocket things??

I think both Vincent and Jeffrey (the two of the bottom three who didn't get kicked out) stayed because they both have (or have had) successful careers in fashion. They both need a little guidance but can probably do something...although that outfit by Vincent was AWFUL. lol

You should obviously try out!! The we can be like "We knew her when..." Also I noticed in the "Road to the Runway" they rejected some designer that was doing all 50s stuff. It was like, Rockabilly Chick and Three Greasers. Funny. (EDIT: Not that you would be doing that stuff OBVIOUSLY!! Sorry if I implied that!!!!)

Vanessa

One Too Many
I think perhaps the judges were hoping that he was just trying to be eccentric. . . and it came across badly. His dress was unflattering, as I saw it, but I believe one of the judges commented that they liked it, albeit without that hideous hat. But - his dress was complete. . .whereas Stacey's was handsewn because she couldn't use an industrial sewing machine. As soon as I heard that, I pegged it as her death knell. Did she expect to handsew everything? [huh]

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
Lauren Henline said:
... but seriously, a basket and those huge pocket things??

That was scary!! lol

I have to admit I liked the first season better. Something about the designers on that and how they mixed was fun (Austin & Jay! :p ), but I'm not really liking the new people in the same way this time around. Hmm.

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
And how perfect is it that Austin now designs wedding gowns?

Really, wow! I can totally imagine frilly wonderfulness from him. :D
They did a "Project Jay" episode last year where they checked up on him and what he's been up to since the show. It was so goofy. He makes me laugh.

Miss_Bella_Hell

artdecodame said:
That was scary!! lol

I have to admit I liked the first season better. Something about the designers on that and how they mixed was fun (Austin & Jay! :p ), but I'm not really liking the new people in the same way this time around. Hmm.

I sorta-kinda feel the same way but it's really tough to get a feel for personalities when there are still 15 designers. Give it a few episodes, I'm sure we'll warm up to them.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Lauren Henline said:

The producers have to keep the crazy, wacky and unbearable people to make the show more interesting. Otherwise it would be a real snoozefest. And isn't it half the fun to yell what's going on in the tv!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
J. M. Stovall said:
The producers have to keep the crazy, wacky and unbearable people to make the show more interesting. Otherwise it would be a real snoozefest. And isn't it half the fun to yell what's going on in the tv!

I think they've at least got the market cornered on crazy and surprising!! One of the models in the final 3 for the new season just got hit by a bus on her way to filming! :eek:

She's apparently going to be okay, though no one is saying anything about her future as a model yet. It's so sad, apparently the first thing she said when she woke up was "Am I still on Project Runway?"

Miss_Bella_Hell

BettyValentine said:
I think they've at least got the market cornered on crazy and surprising!! One of the models in the final 3 for the new season just got hit by a bus on her way to filming! :eek:

She's apparently going to be okay, though no one is saying anything about her future as a model yet. It's so sad, apparently the first thing she said when she woke up was "Am I still on Project Runway?"

Hey, Miss "I know what's going on in the later episodes" - NO SPOILERS!! lol

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hey, Miss "I know what's going on in the later episodes" - NO SPOILERS!! lol

Ack, I'm sorry! I don't really know what goes on in the later episodes! It was in the newspaper yesterday morning! They don't say anything about who she was attached to or anything. Just that she's going to be okay and the producers aren't saying *anything*.

I haven't even seen the first episode yet, I've got it Tivoed. I just watched the "Road to" special yesterday ... I'm so excited, they've got so many hardcore professional designers this season! My fiance and I are rooting for Robert! (I think we just liked the Barbies).

BV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner