Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pros and cons of 'Bettie bangs'?

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I've just cut mine again, a bit shorter than I'd intended but it's easy enough to brush out of the way. I wanted to grow them but I just get so darned bored! Oh well, I'm attempting to grow out the rest of my hair and the willpower it's taking not to chop it all off is incredible... so I think I'm doing quite well having only cut a tiny bit of it :) x

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Bettie without bangs:
tumblr_law35uYmOW1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

http://suicideblonde.tumblr.com

SheBear74

Practically Family
I have bangs and find they are super easy to hide when I want to. They are a little longer kind of the same length as Lisa's. If I want to hide them I just curl them back into what I guess is called a standing pin curl. Then they just blend in with the rest of the curls. So I guess that would mean I am PRO. lol

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Just to say, my hairdresser's coming in a week and I'm taking the plunge- going for a U-shaped Bettie fringe. Thanks for all your help and advice, it's great to have so many replies! :)

Found the pic of her sans fringe really interesting! As someone with a high forehead myself it's nice to see a gorgeous lady like her with one too (though clearly she realised the powers of the fringe :D )

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Finally got a Bettie fringe and I love it! it seems to make even the most boring non-40s/50s style look cute and retro!

My only minor gripes are that my greasy forehead will make it greasy even when the rest of my hair is fine, so no more going 5 days without washing for me :( plus I had it cut in a U-shape, and unless it's perfectly styled and flat to my head, it just looks wonky. But I'm hoping this will improve when I can get hole of my curling tongs.

The pros are still outweighing the cons, however :p Thanks so much for the input, everyone :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hey there, i have betty bangs, but mine are longer so i can incorporate mine into other do's, but still use an iron to get them to look nice and short. I have an obscene cowlick on one side of my fringe, which meant styling took ages not to mention tons of lacquer. My hairdresser actually put hair relaxant on it and it's now nice and straight, hurrah, why did i not know about this years ago???

I can't recommend Lisa Freemont Streets tutorials more for styling bangs and hiding them, i would just recommend, as the other gals have said not going too short to start, so you have more versatility.

I have naturally flyaway, fine hair and i always spray hairspray on a rattail comb last thing and comb my bangs down, which makes it not budge all day.

x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24