Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA- Oak Street Bootmakers release of the roughout Trench Boot

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yessir, this boot is the bonafide bees knees

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/foot...226345169&mc_cid=bd2d114ec0&mc_eid=bc065773ac

DDDC6D40-AE83-4962-A9F6-6452BAA0DAAD-2650-0000026439CE8779_zps9882b56f.jpg

Featuring Horween natural CXL roughout leather, 360 degree Goodwear welts, and Dainite soles/heels. Fits tts (generally speaking).

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm really feeling these boots... I saw these the other day and I've gone back to the site a few times to check them out. They're really testing my will. What do you know/think about the "Dainite" sole i haven't heard much about them. (from England apparently)

I'm really feeling these boots... I saw these the other day and I've gone back to the site a few times to check them out. They're really testing my will. What do you know/think about the "Dainite" sole i haven't heard much about them. (from England apparently)

The RRL I have are basically the same design. They're great boots and very comfortable.

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
I have two pairs of boots with Dainite soles. They're made to keep the elements out of your soles and they're cleated. I haven't had a full winter with either pairs, but I walked through a lot of snow the other night with my Loake chukkas and they were great. Slid around much less than my leather soled boots. Also, you're supposed to be able to go a significant amount of time longer between resoles.

wdw

One Too Many
These boots remind me of my Hawthorn IRs, without the toe cap, but these are a lot dearer.

Dainite would be my sole of choice. More practical than leather, but less in-yer-face than vibram. I have only one pair with them, unfortunately.

Stand By

One Too Many
Very nice indeed! Not seen this company before.
I'd love a pair of roughout boots and had had my casual eye on a pair of these but by Buzz Ricksons for a while - but I'd unlike the Ricksons, these would seal it for me as they're Made In USA. As time goes by, this just gets more important to me and is increasingly something of a deal-breaker or maker if possible ... I've bookmarked the website. Thanks for posting, Bretron!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Alright, the order is, the shipping notice has been received, and I hope to have these in a few days.. I'm hoping I guessed right with the size. I went with a size 10 ( which is what I wear in Wolverine 1000K's)
If I get a chance I'll post up a few pictures before I hand them off to my wife to wrap and put under the Christmas tree.

Knowing Bret's taste in boot quality, and his locale... It wouldn't suprise me if he'd worked out a special deal.
;-)

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Those are beauties! I'd love to own a pair, but for $476, I'll most likely pass. Another reason for that is because I already own a pair of Corcoran WWII Roughout boots (reproduction), and they're really great. I've had them for 4 or 5 years.

- Ian

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
The Rough Outs turned up yesterday... I can happily report that I sized them right..I had the chance to spend a few quality minutes with them.. The build, the leather, the dainite sole appear top notch. Here's a few pics..I had to turn them over to "Santa" Until December 25th.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Boyo, proper!!! Congrats! So sizing down worked for you? I dunno what it is about this last but I can't seem to nail it

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^ yeah, I'm really happy with these, Oak Street is definitely a brand to keep your eye on. I'm looking forward to seeing how these look with a bit of use on em, I don't plan to baby them.
They fit just like my Wolverine 1000 mile boots (about a 1/2 size down)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24