Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pull out the Tuxedos

Well, here's one that I sold recently. (I apologize for the gargantuan size of the photos):

SuitsetcSept505125.jpg

SuitsetcSept505011.jpg

SuitsetcSept505100.jpg

SuitsetcSept505101.jpg

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Lauren posted this in suits but I'll repost it here. This is a New York made, dated 1941 double breasted tux that Lauren found in a thrift shop for $6... and they were having a 1/2 off sale. So here is my $3 tux!

dan06.jpg

BWAHAHAHAH. I finally beat her to posting a pic.

Laruen if you are reading this, could you please post the frontal pic where I am not at an angle? I don't have it otherwise I would do it myself. Thanks

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Now I definitely take that as a complement.

You're right James. It's kind of funny. I've spent $0.99 for a suit and $182 for a suit. The $0.99 suit is older, mint condition and doesn't need to go the tailor!

The $182 suit has stains galore, needs tailoring... everywhere, and the fabric is a little dry.

This hobby can be expensive and cheap all at the same time...

Dan

P.S. Matt... Do frock coats count?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
It helps that you have your own personal shopper ;)
But you already have style of your own, so it's easy! One of these days when you get to know women's stuff more I know we'll be swapping like mad!
I'll post pics once I get a chance to upload more.

cpaige770

New in Town
Fellas,
I always run into tuxedos cheap, They have lasted for years in old timers closets. From the days when everyone had their own and you didn't rent. Which was better because if you look at the quality of modern tuxedos you can see the difference right off. As you all know they don't get the kind of use a regular suit does so manny of them are in tip-top shape. I have a few I paid $20 or less for.
just the same prblems all the really cool ones don't come in human sizes. :rolleyes:
I will post some pics soon! Remmi

Lauren has got you there Dan. I could use a personal shopper myself. :p My wife does find things for me though.
I must be pretty lucky. I found my tuxedos in 44 to 46 sizes. They are great. You just have to look and look and look.........etc. Then take it to the tailor and have him make it look like it was made for you. ;)

Regards to all,

J

I've been dropping in on the fedora lounge for a while and finally got around to joining up. Thus, my first post. Those DB jackets earlier in this thread are awesome! I found a pretty beat up mid-late 30s tuxedo jacket in a junk (sorry, antique) shop in town for $5. Single breasted peak lapel; satin faced lapels; one button closure; skeleton lining; perfect fit (~34 Short) except arm length.

The colour variation you can see on the arms is real and is [gasp] sun damage :cry:. Does anyone know if a product exists that can 'revive' such damaged fabric? If not, this will simply have to be the model i give to my tailor to copy. Anyway, on to the pics ...

baron3.jpg

slightly lightened

baron4.jpg

and a lapel closeup

baron2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran