Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pulling off a green suit

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
funneman said:
ctpjeff: It looks like a nice suit, but if you are going for a vintage look I'd say the pants are to snug.

kuwisdelu: either my eyes are in backwards or you have that coat buttoned the wrong way. Also a nice looking suit.

Note the position of the chest pocket. The pictures were taken on my MacBook's camera, so everything is mirrored.

cptjeff

Practically Family
The trousers are fine for me. I'm not going for a vintage look persay, certainly not in the style many here do. The suit is very a very slim cut, I'm a slim guy.

It's certainly not a 40's cut. But for me, it doesn't need to be.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cptjeff said:
The trousers are fine for me. .
Very Duncan Quinn.

Quinn-White.jpg

matei

One Too Many
I've never noticed green suits until now, very interesting!

A few months ago I dug up my old Class A uniform, the jacket is actually tailored much better than my off-the-rack suits.

That being said... it is a quite unattractive colour of green, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off as a civilian suit.

cptjeff

Practically Family
The opinion is welcome- while I like the cut as a young slim guy, I had no clue if the color was anywhere close to wearable. I honestly expected many more posts like yours in terms of reaction.

Hence the thread.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I wasn't trying to be rude or impolite, but the title amused me...made me think that you should pull off the suit and not wear it anymore. I previously deleted a variation on this post that I thought was inappropriate.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
RM Bantista said:
Of course one may wear a green suit these days. The first question is why would you wear a suit?
rudy

My question is why not wear a suit? I feel there is a lack of people dressing nice these days, it's refreshing to see young men wear suits just for the sake of wearing something different or nice. And what a question to ask someone in the suit section? Man, has this place changed since I signed up in '03!

cptjeff

Practically Family
I've actually gotten a fair amount of use out of the jacket as a blazer already, it works quite nicely as an alternative to the navy blazer.

Tiller

Practically Family
Forgotten Man said:
My question is why not wear a suit? I feel there is a lack of people dressing nice these days, it's refreshing to see young men wear suits just for the sake of wearing something different or nice. And what a question to ask someone in the suit section? Man, has this place changed since I signed up in '03!

I've put forth the view that wearing a suit for someone my age (I'm 24) is a sign of "rebellion" when worn as "everyday wear", in our casual culture. Personally I'd like to see the suit rise in popularity again, but it would have lots of obstacles to get over. The biggest being a lack of good tailors lol.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Tiller said:
I've put forth the view that wearing a suit for someone my age (I'm 24) is a sign of "rebellion" when worn as "everyday wear", in our casual culture. Personally I'd like to see the suit rise in popularity again, but it would have lots of obstacles to get over. The biggest being a lack of good tailors lol.

And the attitude of the people who would be wearing them. People here would be shocked if I described what I see on an everyday basis. A blazer is the equivalent of someone wearing a tux for everyday wear in the professional world. It's just incredibly far out of the norm. If I wore a suit with a tie it would be like someone wearing full morning dress to work tomorrow.

So basically, I need to find an excuse. Christmas should be a good one, pair it with a red shirt and a nice green tie. :D

And yes, with the crowd at our church I could get away with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff