Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

QM 2006 for the Ladies

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
We'll have at least two laptops, if Vanessa and I are there... so DVDs are go!

I can just see mark wheeling his little rolling doggy on a rope... heehee... you crack me up.

Oh yeah, and Rosie posted about the feathers in the Ten Unusual Things thread...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hahahhahahaha :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol

Miss Neecerie said:
And you are in the Powder Room again Mr Chevalier!

Do tell, are you selling your suits because you are switching to skirts?
:eusa_clap

Caledonia

Practically Family
Oh my! How I wish the QM was closer. Anybody know of anything similar in the UK? I'd happily drive the 600 miles to London if needs be. I know there's a 40s Society (googled it) that sometimes posts about dances, but the QM bash just sounds dreamy. Sigh... maybe if I save my pennies.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Kimonos, anyone?

Gosh, if I were ever to be able to make it, I would give any of you interested a discourse on kimonos, seeing that some of you saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" and the costumes drew the eyes of many. (Sorry to say, I have not seen the film, actually:D )

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
LaMedicine said:
Gosh, if I were ever to be able to make it, I would give any of you interested a discourse on kimonos, seeing that some of you saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" and the costumes drew the eyes of many. (Sorry to say, I have not seen the film, actually:D )
I loved that film! definetely a must see :) The costumes were absolutely beautiful, so was their make up

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
That's what I had to do with the NYC trip thread...made me so mad I couldn't go!
I really hope next year you can make it! With MK at the reigns...it's going to keep getting better and better!

Lauren

*bump*

So who do we have of the ladies showing up this year?

How's the wardrobe? What's still on your "to pack" or "to do" list?

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I'm coming. I don't have dresses yet because it is very hard to find vintage in my size. I will seriously start shopping next month, after back to school and all the money I have to fork out that goes with it is done.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
going. I've still got a lot of shopping left to do! The months have been flying by so quick that it wasn't until about a week ago that I realized that the QM is only 3 months away :eek: here's what's on my list:
gloves (evening and day)
shoes
jewelry
dress for Saturday night
girdle
stockings
hat (for day dress)
purse

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm coming. Wouldn't miss it!! I'm still not organized. I have my gown picked out for Friday night. I know what I'm flying in, I hope. I have one day dress and hat picked out. Other than that I'm totally not ready. I am going to be in Italy for 2 weeks and will only have one day to really get ready. So, I'm gonna have to pack up 3 weeks in advance. I know while I'm away I'll be going over the wardrobe in my head, and constantly changing my mind as to what to bring. I'm hoping that I fit into my vintage dresses after a two week vacation!
Getting together with you ladies sounds like a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing you and meeting some of you for the first time.

I too had a picture of Marc leaving the room with a puppy on a rope. How Strange? I just pictured him with an old teddy bear under his arm and his thumb in his mouth too.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow, you're going to be one busy lady! Lately I've been cranking up my research into the 30's and 40's. It's fun now that I'm starting to get an 'eye' for what to look out for when out shopping.

Lauren

I think I have everything ready unless I change my mind (again). I have to repair an underarm seam and do a hem on one dress, take three pairs of shoes in to get repaired, but other than that I think I'm actually ready! I won't be wearing anything I've made this year, unless I change my mind and make the "adventure" outfit I was planning on earlier in the year. And I have dresses I want to make for my cousin Allison, who's going to be joining me :)
Oh! Forgot! I need to order stockings! And I think that's it (for now)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren Henline said:
I think I have everything ready unless I change my mind (again). I have to repair an underarm seam and do a hem on one dress, take three pairs of shoes in to get repaired, but other than that I think I'm actually ready! I won't be wearing anything I've made this year, unless I change my mind and make the "adventure" outfit I was planning on earlier in the year. And I have dresses I want to make for my cousin Allison, who's going to be joining me :)
Oh! Forgot! I need to order stockings! And I think that's it (for now)
Make the "adventure" outfit, just by the name, it sounds cool!!

Amapola

Familiar Face
Lauren Henline said:
*bump*

So who do we have of the ladies showing up this year?

How's the wardrobe? What's still on your "to pack" or "to do" list?

I'm coming, with husband "Cabinetman", Nathan, and our daughter, Parker, who will be 9. She loves to wear vintage, too! She actually has more dresses than I do. We have her clothing for the weekend figured out, except for shoes. It is so hard to find shoes for girls that don't look like they belong on a much older person. Parker has a couple options ready for Friday's formal dinner. One is vintage and one is modern, but very sweet. She has vintage girly dresses to wear during the day, and to dinner Saturday night. We don't have pajamas for her. She has gloves, but no hats. I'm not sure if we will pursue hats for her.

For me, I have an idea for Friday's formal gown. I saw one on ebay a long time ago that was too small, and it went for a lot of money. I looked at the pictures and I have a friend who will make a pattern for me. My mother-in-law offered to sew it for me. I have to decide on color still.
I have a navy blue button down suit-dress I found at a vintage shop in Minnesota this summer I might wear Friday afternoon. I don't really have anything for Saturday daytime, but I have a couple options for the semi-formal dinner Saturday night. I don't have hats, gloves, pajamas, or jewelry, so I have some work to do still!

What I would love to do on the ship goes along with Mystery Gal's suggestion: get together before the dinners and help each other with hair and makeup. It sounds like there are some very experienced hair and makeup gals, and it would be fun to work together. I know nothing of it, and struggle to get close to a vintage look. It would be a great way to get to know one another. I might need help with my hair, placing pins in the back and so on, but Nathan is inept in that category!

Etienne

A-List Customer
Amapola, your family sounds really adorable! What fun to have your daughter with you, and how lovely that she enjoys the vintage styles! You will all look incredible, I'm sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner