Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question About Akubra Liners

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Both of my Akubras have liners. In the photos I have seen of unlined Akubras they have the Akubra stickers attached to the inside of the crown, as do most unlined hats. If the liner is removed would a hat with a liner have this sticker, or is it only placed on models that are ordered that way.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I think it's fair to say that you will not find the sticker on a hat that originally comes with a liner.

Cheers,
JtL

ipokebadgers

New in Town
Nothing under the liner

2 hours ago I removed the liner from my Akubra Kiandra. I has nothing under the liner.

I removed the liner because after reading the "conversion" threads I decided to convert the Kiandra from a western style hat to a Fedora.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
That's kind of what I figured. I know it sounds dumb, but I want an unlined hat for warmer weather and would still like the brand name on it.

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
Barney's hat

Hey D. W.
Your avatar reminds me of a question I've had for years:

Anybody know what brand of straw hat ol' Barn wore? It went well with "the ol Salt n Pepper". I have an old Dobbs straw that looks pretty similar.

Citizens arrest!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley