Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about shrink to fit 501s

Dennis Holt

New in Town
Hey folks. Got a question for anyone that has experience with the stf levis 501s. The preshunk version is always too tight on me due to my bigger thighs and I was thinking about trying the stf version with the hope that maybe if I wear them while they are still damp from the shrinking process that they may not shrink down too tight, or otherwise "mold" around me. Is this the case or will they just shrink down just like the preshrunk 501's?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Wear them in the bath and then let them dry on you and they will shape to you. That's what people used to do with them, mostly girls who wanted them skin tight.

I did try it once when I was young and didn't care about catching my death. But just washed them later when I did still wear them.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I have the same problem with the pre-shrunk and bought a pair of STF: problem solved. Wore them in a warm shower then spent the day wearing them in the yard doing chores. Warning: it takes a while for them to dry completely. Put them back on the following day and the day after. It takes a while for them to shrink to the point where they fit well so the process takes a little patience but is worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats