Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on Orphan Annie

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Little Orphan Annie was a comic strip back in the day. The musical (and 1981 movie) is based on the comic strip. Check out the movie Annie with Albert Finney and Carol Burnett...great 1930s movie. I remember back in Kindergarten I had a red dress and orange wig just like Annie's. Little did I know I was already dressing in vintage style clothes, huh?

D

Deleted member 259

Little Orphan Annie did not sing "The sun will come out tomorrow." She had no time to sing or hang out with the other orphans. She was too busy ducking bullets, dodging hit-and-run vehicles, and blowing up Nazi submarines!

More info here

Though the comic started in the 20's - it had a huge following from children during WWII because it started a club called the "junior commandos" in which children could subscribe, volenteer time to the war effort, such as collecting scrap metal, and would recieve a star or ribbon in the mail.
(I did my junior thesis paper on the effect of WWII on youth)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot