Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Radio

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
This topic should be deleted from here after a while, but I thought, since there's a place for The Moving Picture, I thought there should be one for the old sound box, Radio, for those who listen and collect old time radio. Anyone else have a say on this?

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm all for more radio discussion! Are you proposing a new forum/subforum?

Hondo

One Too Many
Vintage Radio

Yes! there should be a section, do a google search for "old time radio"
I remember the new Vaudeville Band.

Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

You could have done something
But you didn't try
You didn't do nothing
You let her walk by

Now everyone knows just how much I needed that gal
She wouldn't have gone far away
If only you'd started ringing your bell

Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

Oh-bo-de-o-do oh-bo-de-o-do
Oh-bo-de-o-do de-do- duh

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I am proposing! Let's get the master of ceremonies in here!

And yes, there should also be a section for Publications, like old newspaper articles, books, magazines, but I'm not sure how that would be explained, it's kind of a combination of treasures and news I suppose

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
I write and record old-syle radio dramas, and I love the originals. I'd be happy to participate as well.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
KWD Radio 1630 just went on the air...

...temporarily, at least. I wanted to be able to be able to listen to my collection of old radio shows through my antique radios, so I procured a micropower transmitter kit and I just got it working (literally about twenty minutes ago). Right now, I am just using a 10' length of wire for an antenna temporarily, but I built a real tuned antenna that I'm putting up in my back yard. Even using just the wire, I was able to hear the signal pretty clearly for about a 1 block radius around my house on my car radio. With the antenna, I should get out at least a half mile. Some people with the same set-up I have managed to get a useable signal quite a lot farther out than that.

At this point, I'm using a stream from an internet OTR station, but I will be programming my own broadcasts using old radio shows (Johnny Dollar, Burns & Allen, etc.), music (Goodman, Miller, Ellington, etc.), and news broadcasts from the 1938-45 timeframe.

At this moment Groucho Marx is on the radio hosting You Bet Your Life. This is really cool! This seemed like the appropriate thread in which to post this. By the way, it's all perfectly legal under Part 15 of the FCC Code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou