Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RAF kit closer to completion!

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Tally ho! Wot wot!

Hope all of you are well. Just wanted to let you all know about the progress of my RAF uniform kit. I have added a few new things to the stable, including an original RAF web holster (dated 1941) with the original cleaning rod and matching ammo pouch. I have recently acquired Aero's 1936 pattern flying boots and pre-war Irvin jacket. I am currently waiting for a new battledress uniform to arrive from Replicaters and I am also awaiting the arrival of a whole bundle of RAF web belts and pouches from the UK.

After that, it's simply insignia for the new jacket, a rollneck sweater and then on to the pricey B-type flying helmet, D-mask and Mae West. I also recently acquired a nice, original MKVII bag. Please excuse the jeans in the photos - Like I said, it's not complete yet. Oh, and I am also wearing in this photo a WPG cap and battle jacket, 1936 pattern flying gloves and I am holding an actual 1917 dated Webley MKVI revolver and Halcyon MKVIII RAF flying goggles.

irvin1-314x600.jpg

irvin2-357x600.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Great kit, MDF...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have been collecting WWII-RAF items for the last year or so and have concentrated primarily on wings, insignia, and accessories. Will come back to this thread and post some photos before the week is out. Brgds, ZF (Fred)

desertweasel

New in Town
WPG BD Jacket

When your Replicators BD arrives are you thinking of unloading your WPG one? I'm looking fo a smaller size than the one I have, I'm a 40-42, the one I have is a 46 (!), had to pick up the scraps as Jerry's supply ran out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran