Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Linen-Mix Jacket on Ebay UK

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Yep, the jumpers and knit items really boggle my mind. They almost always cotton (not wool or lambswool), are made in China, and are still unbelievable expensive. For the price of a RL one I can go and get a hand knit one from a Scottish isle...

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HBK I hear you. The thing that irks me about RRL is that I know they have some pieces that are vintage inspired and I would like to have (the belted action back jackets in tweed and linen), but everytime I go into a RL store I never actually really see anything like that. Most of the things I see look like 1980s version of pastel items from either Take Ivy or The Flamingo Kid, or that strange western wear (for someone who wants to look like Jon Voight from Midnight Cowboy?). The few things I do like are so overpriced for what they are its not even funny: cotton fair isle-ish sweaters for $300, or pseudo crickit jumpers for $400, etc.

However, once I did get lucky and nab some club collared shirts an outlet store for cheap, so I guess I should not complain too much...
YES. This was exactly my impression too. I was really disapointed every time when I looked for this stuff on the stores. I even made a small sketch. Here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Ralph-Lauren&p=1225870&viewfull=1#post1225870

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
YES. This was exactly my impression too. I was really disapointed every time when I looked for this stuff on the stores. I even made a small sketch. Here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Ralph-Lauren&p=1225870&viewfull=1#post1225870

Yes that sketch on the left is spot on. I keep looking for the stuff on the right and only find the stuff on the left. Also I really do not get the strange emo/urban cowboy Western wear stuff...

The juxaposition of the urban cowboy stuff and the 1980s preppy/pastel stuff makes me think RL watched Midnight Cowboy too many times. That way you can get dressed up as both characters from the movie in the same store!

600full-midnight-cowboy-screenshot.jpg

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
I have 1 RRL jacket, purchased on ebay for a trifling sum because it was dirty. It's double breasted, pleated pockets, three pleats in the back and a half belt. What's wrong with it? I knew to buy a size 44 and have it let out. I am a size 42 regular from everyone else on the planet. Be careful if you bid on one of his pieces on ebay. Make them measure the sizes twice!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I picked up a couple of these in the past week. As Mario points out there are pleats that narrow down the back into the belt that gives it that fitted 1930s look. I am pretty impressed by them: working button cuffs, the front seems to be canvased, and they do have a nice "Palm Beach" feel to them. I have an extra in size 40 I'll be posting in the classfied soon.

402970524.jpg

402970514.jpg

402970570.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925