Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random craft suggestions and instructions.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
My lovely little boy, who I adore and cherish and love, has a wonderful hobby. He LOVES to rip and tear my fitted sheets. So I am left with 326366298632 top sheets and no fitted ones. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to suggest crafts or sewing crafts that I could do with old bed sheets. Thanks.

The Culprit:
P1090431d.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
My lovely little boy, who I adore and cherish and love, has a wonderful hobby. He LOVES to rip and tear my fitted sheets. So I am left with 326366298632 top sheets and no fitted ones. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to suggest crafts or sewing crafts that I could do with old bed sheets. Thanks.

The Culprit:
P1090431d.jpg

I don't have any suggestions as yet, but my, what a cute little face. You could never be mad at him and I'll bet he knows it. Oh wait I do have a suggestion, what about one of those braided floor mats.
multi_wool_braided_oval_rug_6827.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:

The Culprit:
P1090431d.jpg

Oh my, he is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen!

You could use the sheets to make pillow slip covers. Dye them and then use whatever lace/trims/etc to decorate them with.

Or maybe make a garment bag like Lady Day did, although the sheets might not be heavy enough.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn Girl... Yeah... I think he knows it too! Thanks for the suggestion! Those mats seem easy enough... going to look for instructions. :)

Kitty T... Hehehe thanks. Believe me... he isn't that cute when he just tears up your new bed sheets. :( I didn't even think to dye them! That could definitely help with crafts. :) Thanks.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
You could make duvet covers out of them after you cut the elastic parts off.
If you have any that match, that is. ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG! He is adorable. We used to have shiba inus. Our last one died about 4 years ago and we now have collies, but I can't get enough of shiba pictures. How old is he?

Kim_B

Practically Family
my current favorite blog (sewmamasew.com) has Handmade Holidays - 30 days of Handmade Gifts

and for really random projects, check out Craftster.org

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Let's talk about Shrinky Dinks! You know, the plastic things shrink in the oven. I made them a lot when I was a kid.
I'm thinking of maybe making some silly 40's-like dangly novelty pins from it, what do you think?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
Let's talk about Shrinky Dinks! You know, the plastic things shrink in the oven. I made them a lot when I was a kid.
I'm thinking of maybe making some silly 40's-like dangly novelty pins from it, what do you think?

If you want to make shrinky dinks, they carry the paper at Michaels.
I forgot how much fun they are to make!! For my daughter's 3rd birthday,(she's born just after Christmas so we always have her party a couple weeks early) I had all the kids make ornaments from shrinky dinks. Even the parents ended up making some!!

I say go for it! They bring out the kid in you! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner