Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare 1953-dated German velour hat 7 1/8

This hat speaks for itself. Very thick velour felt and dated 1953. It's super rare to get a hat with an unequivocal date, so this is an important one for collectors. The hat is marked a size 57, and that's how it fits and measures.

It is black and the felt's in great condition. The ribbon and edge trim do contrast to the felt, but the contrast is by no means as stark as it appears in some of the pictures. The close-up pic of the the frayed ribbon bow ends is probably the most accurate depiction of the colour differential of felt and trimmings. Because of the long hair finish, it does mark up easily, and a velour pad would be recommended to brush all the hairs to lie in the same direction. There are some broken threads in the sweatband, as can be seen in the region of the sweatband with the store print.

The sweatband though a bit hard to read, says: Mayer-Hut, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and the label, dated 1953, says it was made by Oberbayerische Hutfabrik GmbH. Miesbach

I'd like £75 for the hat. PM with interest. Shipping to be calculated based on destination. I accept Paypal.

mayervelourhut5.jpg

mayervelourhut1.jpg

mayervelourhut2.jpg

mayervelourhut3.jpg

mayervelourhut4.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I sure wish this was a size 7 1/2, my Husband has always wanted a hat with this type of finish. This hat with a small bit of effort could be a regular screamer! I would think someone would have picked it up by now?

Best of luck with the sale, and Merry Christmas,

Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy