Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Hatmakers in Minnesota?

Paul-y

New in Town
Hey there,
I'm looking for custom hatmakers in Minnesota, big or small.
I suppose ill also leave this open to any worthwhile hatshops to visit while im here.
Spent alot of time today researching Minnesota to no avail.
i'm here for Thanksgiving so i might as well do the grandtour.

P.S.
Maybe i could find some info in that "brick and mortar" store list that was complied here a while back. But i had trouble finding it.

Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Paul-Y

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Not certain about custom hatters here in Minnesota...I do not believe there are any, but if you are anywhere near downtown St. Paul I would suggest stopping by Heimie's Haberdashery: http://www.heimies.com/

Their website appears to be under revision, but you can read some yelp reviews

Heimie's is an elegant establishment, a throwback to a time when men were custom fitted for their shirts and suits after a proper shave and haircut, then picked out a fine lid to compliment the ensemble.

You will of course find hats by most of the major brands such as Bailey, Christies, Dobbs, Stetson, and Borsalino, but may be surprised by some interesting offerings from lesser-known and not often seen makers such as Guerra.

Top off your visit with a shoe shine, then step next door(also in the historic and beautiful Hamm Building), to have a fine meal at Meritage, our favorite French restaurant in the Twin Cities.

Enjoy your visit to Minnesota, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let me know if you need any other suggestions.

p.s. I just remembered that Meritage is closed for their expansion construction until early December.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn