Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a pair of khakis

Troglodyte

Familiar Face
At The Front

Another FL thread pointed me to the repro WWII US Army khaki trousers sold by At the Front. $50, and a really great pair of khakis! With a pocketwatch pocket (big selling point for me).

As the website warns, they aren't preshrunk. I tried them on from the box, and they came up to my ribcage! After a washing, they're perfect in rise and fit. Tailor hemmed them, and they're my new favorites.

Best,
Trog

Kostya

Familiar Face
How do K-1's fit?

Nick Charles said:
Docker K-1's are on sale at dockers.com

I just saw the K1's are back in stock with free shipping, but they are in STRAIGHT fit. According to Dockers, that means it sits slightly BELOW the waist. Can anyone who has tried these out confirm this? I was hoping for a long rise. :mad: Again, they get the styling right but the fit wrong.

Kostya

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:
The current K-1 is in now way like the old army khakis.

Including length of rise? I suppose shipping is free, so I could try one to see how they work out.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Big_e said:
Some people may groan at my suggestion but have you tried Dickies trousers? I recently bought a bunch of them and wear them on weekends. I get the plain front and they just alittle high to me. They come in khaki, black, blue, grey (light and dark grey) and white. I get them pressed and lightly starched. They go great for casual wear and really dress up with a good sportcoat. They're made of thick cloth so they can be worn and are made to be worn for work. Check your Levines for them.
Ernest

I have had good service directly from Dickies on the web. Their regular and trim cut work pants are just fine for my purposes. Sometimes there is a sale, sometimes free shipping, and - sometimes- both at once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran