Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Wabasha... opinions wanted

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hello everybody,

I somehow fell in love with Red Wing Wabasha leather/canvas boot. They feature the classic mocassin construction where the lower leather part of the upper is directly sewn to the sole and virtually wraps around the foot.

There are many cheap (and glued) knockoffs available today but I fancy the original.

9187_001.jpg

Does anybody know if the run small or large?
They are quite expensive in Germany and even harder to come by, especially with the tan/beige rubber sole which I favor much over the white boat sole. Is there any good place to by them for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ando.thun

New in Town
Hello Jan

I bought a pair of the No. 9187 Size 10E some weeks ago.
I won it on ebay and paid USD 221.- including postage to Switzerland.

According to the measurement of the Red Wing Store Frankfurt I wear a size 10D (No. 877, No. 8111 and No. 9014)
The Size 10E of the No. 9187 seems to me wider on the sides but not so much at the tip of the shoe.
For me it is to wide and I slip forward and backwards even with an additional insole.

I bought it because of the tan rubber sole and the good looks but I would have to cope with the white sole of the No. 877 and take hearth of its walking comfort.

kind regards ando

Well, I am coming to Paris/UK in November, so if I can find them here, I might be able to haul a pair over for you and send from there?
I've been looking at the RW's too. haven't pulled the trigger...

Graemsay

Practically Family
I don't know if it's any help, but there's a Red Wing store in Amsterdam. I've done day trips going the other way (e.g. to Cologne / Köln), so it should be possible from where you are in Germany.

And whilst you're there you could check out somewhere like Tenue de Nîmes and the Denham Denim shop.

Edited to add: I feel a trip to Denham coming on... :(

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Interesting that in Europe Redwing is a fashion brand
The company I work for owns Redwings shoes. Thou I work in their food products division. I wear Redwings for
Work boot's everyday. Long wearing boots for sure I put them to test everyday. :)

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
Those are great-looking boots. I have pair of Redwing boots that are eighteen years old. I wore them to work every day for seven years and still wear them occasionally. They are ready to be resoled, but I don't really wear them enough to justify the expense. I found that they run true to size. I bought a good pair of insoles to put in mine because I was on my feet on concrete all day. They really helped.

tempus fugit

New in Town
I bought my first pair of Red Wings last year (Iron Ranger 8111) and they are bar-none the best boots I have ever owned. In the Red Wing store I measured a 10.5 D on their measure, and got the boots in that size. They fit perfect - normally a D is too narrow in most boots - but in my experience, their boots run true to the size they measure you at; another reason to purchase them at a company store. I now know why all the men in my family have worn Red Wings for generations, you can't bust them; and if you do, they'll replace them. Invest in them Jan and you won't be disappointed.

Flyderf

New in Town
I have these exact boots. I picked them up in July, but the weather has been to warm to wear them. I found the boot to be true to size, and forgiving in the width. I normally have to size up a half size since I have a E width shoe size. These were a good fit in my true size, even with a D width. Great boot. Very comfortable. I can't wait for cooler weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran