Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reefer Madness- 1936

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Real Swell Gal said:
I just laugh and laugh at that movie.

Same here...the piano player in the household has never seen the film, which I have on DVD...and party guests laugh uproarisously when I run in and yell, "Play faster...FASTER!" - a movie quote that just gets me silly looks from said pianist, but laughter from the...hmmm...literati?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
Same here...the piano player in the household has never seen the film, which I have on DVD...and party guests laugh uproariously when I run in and yell, "Play faster...FASTER!" - a movie quote that just gets me silly looks from said pianist, but laughter from the...hmmm...literati?

They should have had this piano player in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-UxCvk8bpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Swpw9yZ5w

Harry The Hipster knew about Reefer Madness. ;)

funneman

Practically Family
The first time I saw Refeer Madness was a Midnight showing at a local theatre. At the beginning there would be dead silence while everyone read the opening crawl and then uncontrollable laughter at the end of each sentence.

Then I remember thinking how sad that someone worked so hard on this movie to try and stop the use of weed and yet here we were in a theatre full of stoners, laughing like idiots at all of their hard work.

Trivia: Reefer Madness director Louis Gasnier also directed most of the films of Carlos Gardel which featured many of the tango legend's signature tunes.

[video=youtube;bUIIxy75XxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUIIxy75XxA[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Reefer Madness was good for it's time, a nice reflection on the time period, on a subject they rarely discussed.
Dern Hayes Code. :p
I've been meaning to get a copy of Cocaine Fiends (1935) on DVD.
It's on Amazon finally, I just need to do the clicking. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That may be. But the acting is still too horrible to watch.

Most exploitation films are that way.
Which give rise to the popularity of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the "short" films they include before their B movies.
Because this film was done in the 30's, it was done BEFORE Ed Wood could even get his hands on it. So nobody can blame him for it. :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Harold.gif

Harold Lloyd.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Well that just ****** me off. Was watching the movie online and right when the girl is confessing to who dunnit, the movie cuts short. grrrrrrrrr

Hahahahah, didn't know the P word was considered a curse word lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21