Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Refurbished stetson/Art Fawcett

hipster

New in Town
Art refurbished my old Stetson cowboy hat. I purchased it back in 1981 when I was a junior in high school ($100) . 10x beaver. Art reshaped, resized, cleaned and put a new sweat band and did a fantastic job.
Hopefully the photo is attached.

hipster

New in Town
stetson

unable to post photo.
dims on the hat is 6"crown, 3 inch brim, dark brown, black ribbon, teardrop crease.

hipster

New in Town
Sorry for the lack of photos. I keep trying but keep getting an error message on the attachments. I get the error message with trying to upload from scandisk, and error message from coping the link from imageshack. Need a little help. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Looks sharp, Todd.

todd_1.jpg

todd_2.jpg

todd_3.jpg

Art does nice work.

-Dave

So I'm guessing you have a new sweatband, ribbon and liner. Izzat right? And a cleaned and reblocked and fedoraized Western weight (meaning thick felt) hat body?

I'm diggin' it, hipster. Looks like a hat that'll take a lickin' and still have enough spiff to take out on Saturday night.

How much brim did it lose?

hipster

New in Town
Thanks

Thanks for the comments. I didnt take a photo of the liner, its the original stetson liner (larger photo of cowboy letting his horse drink water out of the hat).
Its nice to be wearing this hat again. Wore it as a cowboy hat through the 80's, then it just got too tight (originally 7 1/8) and lost the interist in the cowboy hat style (never liked the western music).

I have to 2 others from Art (felt and panama he blocked). Great work and just knowing its made by hand start to finish by one person means alot to me (I also do alot of surfing and only work with local shapers, nothing over seas).

hipster

New in Town
tonyb

Art cleaned, cut approx 1/2 inch off the brim (now is 3") new leather sweat and new black ribbon (original liner. Its dirty and stained, but there my stains and I wanted them there, ya know, personality. liner is solid). I bought the hat when I was 17, and now at 44, it means even more to put it on.

The crown is 6" per Art, and he did a tear drop bash to bring down the crown a bit.

The crown is much softer now, although the brim is still pretty stiff. This hat will be put back into the rotation, although it'll get dirty, wet, and will see alot of Fly fishing action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran