Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
ReMix Shoes

I read an old FL post today that said that Remix have a NOS buying facility as well as the online stuff. Is there anyway you can hook into those shoes?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cookie said:
I read an old FL post today that said that Remix have a NOS buying facility as well as the online stuff. Is there anyway you can hook into those shoes?

My understanding is that they only started creating their own line once they sold off all the NOS pairs. When you go to the actual shop they might have a few pairs, otherwise you might try calling to see what they have, if anything.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
savoyblk.gif
uptownpurple.gif

Be still my heart....

I also love the outline of the blue ones... not so sure about that suede strap though, gotta see the other side!!

16_sparrows

Vendor
I just got the "Savoy" style. They are comfy, but I'm still not fully decided whether I like them on my feet or not. What do you ladies think?

The shoes...
2242536741_cd2cdf45a7_m.jpg

view image larger here

And with a dress, because who only sees feet?
2242536749_79c2c1bc58_m.jpg

view image larger here

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
16_sparrows said:
I just got the "Savoy" style. They are comfy, but I'm still not fully decided whether I like them on my feet or not. What do you ladies think?

The shoes...

view image larger here

view image larger here
I love these. They are very flattering. Will you be dancing in them?? I like them on you. I bought some wedgies from Re-mix but still waiting. I hope I get them soon. The wedgies aren't too bad for dancing, a bit heavy but at least they go with my outfits.

16_sparrows

Vendor
I'm not planning on dancing in these. I bought them as city shoes, so good thing they are comfy. I purchased a pair of black mary jane dance shoes from dancestore.com for when I want to cut a rug. I was trying to decided between the twin-strap wedges and these shoes and went for these because I wanted nice dress shoes for Vday. I won't be able to treat myself to the twin-straps until next year!

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
16_sparrows said:
I'm not planning on dancing in these. I bought them as city shoes, so good thing they are comfy. I purchased a pair of black mary jane dance shoes from dancestore.com for when I want to cut a rug. I was trying to decided between the twin-strap wedges and these shoes and went for these because I wanted nice dress shoes for Vday. I won't be able to treat myself to the twin-straps until next year!
The "Savoys" are very nice for a dress shoe. Good pick. The twin-strap wedge sounds like the ones I ordered. As long as they are comfy-you did well.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
16_sparrows said:

The shoes...

view image larger here

view image larger here

Simply adorable! I love how they look on you!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
16 sparrows, i think they look fantastic! i love the 20s-30s styles they make but they just don't go with my clothes.

cats_meow, i have two pairs of the wedges (picasso and twin-strap) and think they are the most comfortable shoes ever for dancing! of course, before those i was dancing in vintage wedges, many of which were a bit too small and on the verge of dying, so it may be the comparison that makes me think they're so great!

16_sparrows

Vendor
Thanks everyone! Sometimes it is just hard to assess the look of a shoe on your own. You really only get to see it from one "real" view when they're on your feet!

ShooShooBaby: I'm glad to hear the twin straps are comfy. One concern I had with them is the possible strap and/or buckle digging into the top of the foot.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
ShooShooBaby: I'm glad to hear the twin straps are comfy. One concern I had with them is the possible strap and/or buckle digging into the top of the foot.

nope - super-comfy! these days i'm a huge baby about since i tend to have a lot of foot/joint pain.

16_sparrows

Vendor
Just wanted to point out something about the Savoy shoes...
I didn't notice this when I was frolicking around the house in them, but the toe-box is really small. I took them out about town and came back with two bruised pinky toes. I've been stretching them for the past few days and this seems to have solved the issue, but I just wanted to warn FL ladies about this issue in case they were interested in purchasing them.

Odd thing is that I measured the width and compared it to the Blvd. shoes that I have from Remix and they are the same. I've never had an issue with my Blvds, but maybe I never felt them as tight in the toes due to the material (suede) and the fact that it has a peep toe. Hmmm...

Snookie

Practically Family
Last weekend I got a pair of Decos, grey suede with black contrast. http://remixvintageshoes.com/deco.html Super gorgeous in person. I wanted wedges, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, they all have toeholes that are too big for me. I got the Decos b/c they seemed so verstile -- very 20's and 30's, and since it's more of a cuban heel than a french heel, I think I can sneek them into the 40's.

BTW, I'm usually an 8, but I went up to an 8 1/2 in the pumps (the wedges I tried were good in an 8, as there's more room for the feet to escape!).

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Snookie said:
Last weekend I got a pair of Decos, grey suede with black contrast. http://remixvintageshoes.com/deco.html Super gorgeous in person. I wanted wedges, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, they all have toeholes that are too big for me. I got the Decos b/c they seemed so verstile -- very 20's and 30's, and since it's more of a cuban heel than a french heel, I think I can sneek them into the 40's.

BTW, I'm usually an 8, but I went up to an 8 1/2 in the pumps (the wedges I tried were good in an 8, as there's more room for the feet to escape!).

How funny, I was just looking at those before I popped on here.:) They really are beautiful shoes. Good to know about the fit, as I am an 8 too! That store makes me so happy everytime I walk in there, and I want to try on every shoe. Then I always walk out with something other than what I intended to buy.lol

~*Red*~

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
The Boulevards are on sale but I can't tell if it;s all colors or just the brown?

It looks like ALL the colors are on sale! :D Usually they are good about putting something like "white color ONLY" if that's what the sale is for. there are a few that are alike that.

How about the New GINGER's and AMAZON?

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
I'll be in LA in March, and I'm already stressing myself out about what Remix shoes I want to buy. The decos are so stunning! But I'm also drooling over the Balboas in black and grey. Honestly, how do you go in there and only buy one or two pairs?

I'm making a pair of black super-wide-leg early 1930s trousers, and those balboas would be so spectacular with them!

And 16_Sparrows, thanks! I wasn't even looking at the Savoy style until you posted that photo of yourself. Now I'm adding yet another pair to my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner