Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Does anyone have the Ginger pump? One of the reviews on Amazon was that the color wasn't the same in real life. What color does it look in person?
gingerantiquebwn275.gif

I have that shoe. The Amazon color of the lacey part seems truer than the one you've posted. The lacey part isn't that white - it's more of a camel color. Darker than a manila folder but not as yellow as a camel-colored coat. The brown is only a wee bit lighter than the picture you have here, but not by much. It's still a lovely, dark saddle brown.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi Kamikat--

I've been meaning to post these photos, hopefully they'll be of help to you. Please pardon my hoseless state.

front.jpg

I really adore the color of the leather--I thought it was much richer in person than in the web photos

side.jpg

The shoe in the back (the one on the left) is the truest representation of the actual lace color. I'd say it's a tad darker on the actual shoe vs the Amazon photo.

kamikat said:
Does anyone have the Ginger pump? One of the reviews on Amazon was that the color wasn't the same in real life. What color does it look in person?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
WOW! I never thought to check Amazon for Remix. Unfortunatly they only had the anita in my size in red patent.
I am getting these as soon as Remix responds to my e-mail.
claudetteredfloat350.gif

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My Ginger pumps arrived yesterday. They are super cute! My only concern is that the heel height seems higher than 3in. I have other 3in heels that are more stable and easier to wear as an everyday shoe. I don't think these will be an everyday shoe.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Do Remix and wide feet mix?

I badly need sandals, especially since I'll be moving to Santa Cruz later this year. I'm wanting the Paseo wedges in red, but I'm afraid my feet are too wide and that they'll stick out on the sides.

paseored2350.gif

My midfoot is the widest part of my foot, that is, number 4 here on this anatomical illustration:

Foot.png

Maybe I should go with a model that provides coverage on the sides, like Gloria, but I prefer the croco-finish on the Paseo-leather over the regular plain leather Remix uses, which to me looks a bit flat and texture-less. Suede is nice but seems inappropriate for summer.

What do you ladies think? Any of you have wide feet, more specifically a very wide midfoot? Are those Remix sandals that leave the midfoot bare at all flattering if you have wide feet?

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars

miss_killin

Familiar Face
Lily Powers said:
I have that shoe. The Amazon color of the lacey part seems truer than the one you've posted. The lacey part isn't that white - it's more of a camel color. Darker than a manila folder but not as yellow as a camel-colored coat. The brown is only a wee bit lighter than the picture you have here, but not by much. It's still a lovely, dark saddle brown.

I found a similar shoe with a bit more height on Overstock that are more affordable.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Laura Chase said:
What do you ladies think? Any of you have wide feet, more specifically a very wide midfoot? Are those Remix sandals that leave the midfoot bare at all flattering if you have wide feet?

I had a very sad experience with ReMix and my wide feet. I love, love, love their shoes. So I splurged on the BabyDoll pumps in red, as they are the perfect red pump. I am really a 6.5 EEE, so I always have to buy a 7 or 7.5 to get into it. Even a 7.5 in their shoes was so tight I couldn't put my foot into it. I tried an 8 but then the arch was so far off I had to sell them in the Classifieds.:(
I will only buy Remix again if I can try the style on, they do have some retail outlets. I know there is one on Piedmont Avenue here in Oakland, so every now and then I go in and sigh, can't afford any right now!

epr25

Practically Family
These aren't Re-mix but i got a pair and I am pleased with them. They seem like they will be comfortable. The brand is Bear Flag Republic. I have never heard of them before just happened onto them on ebay.

e46d_1.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss 1929 said:
I had a very sad experience with ReMix and my wide feet. I love, love, love their shoes. So I splurged on the BabyDoll pumps in red, as they are the perfect red pump. I am really a 6.5 EEE, so I always have to buy a 7 or 7.5 to get into it. Even a 7.5 in their shoes was so tight I couldn't put my foot into it. I tried an 8 but then the arch was so far off I had to sell them in the Classifieds.:(
I will only buy Remix again if I can try the style on, they do have some retail outlets. I know there is one on Piedmont Avenue here in Oakland, so every now and then I go in and sigh, can't afford any right now!

Yeah, it's crucial to try on. Their sizing is all over the place! I don't know why they can't just make all the sizing consistent across all the styles.

Inky

One Too Many
I have a pair of Bear Flag Republic shoes and if they aren't made by exactly the same company that makes them for Remix, I'd be very surprised Even the boxes and numbering were similar. I have the Rosie Red with the clip on bow, which looks identical to Remix's Gloria style.

As to width of shoes, I used to wear a true wide and would have NEVER fit into Remix shoes, but now I wear a regular 10 and do have some of what I call "foot pudge" when I wear Remix (or the Bear Flag Republic) ones, but nothing I can't live with. Also, I do not wear hose, which could make a difference, (gasp! the horror!) as I firmly gave up hose when I retired from banking in 1997 and refuse to wear any again (though I have been known to slap on a pair of tights, and MIGHT eventually wear my foot traffic seamed tights).

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
I have a pair of Bear Flag Republic shoes and if they aren't made by exactly the same company that makes them for Remix, I'd be very surprised Even the boxes and numbering were similar. I have the Rosie Red with the clip on bow, which looks identical to Remix's Gloria style.

As to width of shoes, I used to wear a true wide and would have NEVER fit into Remix shoes, but now I wear a regular 10 and do have some of what I call "foot pudge" when I wear Remix (or the Bear Flag Republic) ones, but nothing I can't live with. Also, I do not wear hose, which could make a difference, (gasp! the horror!) as I firmly gave up hose when I retired from banking in 1997 and refuse to wear any again (though I have been known to slap on a pair of tights, and MIGHT eventually wear my foot traffic seamed tights).

That is interesting about the Bear Flag shoes, Inky...I have a pair of BF and now that you mention it, the leather is similar to my Remix Daras. I have been very tempted to buy a pair of green Remix since I saw the pic of you in yours--love that green!

Do you (or anyone else) have the Remix Briarcliffe? I'm thinking about those and would love to hear a review...

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
epr25 said:
These aren't Re-mix but i got a pair and I am pleased with them. They seem like they will be comfortable. The brand is Bear Flag Republic. I have never heard of them before just happened onto them on ebay.

e46d_1.JPG

Those are the Bear Flags I got--only mine are tan with brown trim. Very comfy, I love them..and the price was quite good, compared to Remix. Hope you enjoy yours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner