Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Replacement buttons for a navy blazer

univibe88

One Too Many
I bought a new navy blazer today. I'm not nuts about the shiny brass buttons. Do you have any suggestions and sources (namely sources!) for some cool buttons? Thanks

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Bump

Don't know of any button sources, but I'm curious about this one. Seems like a worthwhile project.

I'm not crazy about brass buttons either.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for something similar, but I do like brass buttons. Unfortunately, the stock ones on my blazer are really lousy. I need some good buttons that aren't too expensive (yeah, I know, "good luck"). I thought about putting the buttons from my Dress Blues on there as a nod to my time in the Corps, but I don't think that is allowed.

univibe88

One Too Many

armod

Familiar Face
I knew of a man who'd walk through the woods and saw off a piece of branch who's thickness and wood would suit his needs.

then he'd dry the stick cut it into "slices" and drill four little holes and stain and sand it as he liked.

I saw his buttons once and it looked like he did a little burning of the edges and holes too.

perhaps a dark wood would suit your blazer if you're not a fan of bright brass

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I would suggest that you visit Tender Buttons in NYC.

3tenderbuttons.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy