Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro Wedding Dresses

olive bleu

One Too Many
when i was 17, i was heavily into the victorian era, and had a very clear vision of what i wanted my wedding dress to look like.So when the time came to buy my dress, i knew exactly what i wanted.Now 17 years later, i look at the pictures and say, what the heck was i thinking!!lol It would interesting to see if you have the same taste when your special day comes:) Sorry, i have no links, your post just made me think of that.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
This isn't repro it's vintage but looks similar to that pattern you posted:
1950brocadewed1.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I think the Repo of a wedding dress would be a good idea!

I was thinking of doing something like that for when the DAY comes.. LOL
I have 2 more years and i think ill be ready... LOL

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
The site I'm looking for had I believe repro's of wedding or just formal dresses done by decade... and it was done by a woman... and one of their shoots was done by an airplane. I can't for the life of me find that site.

I saw the link here but cant find it!

olive bleu

One Too Many
TheSwingingBee said:
Thank you so much for this site! I just got engaged and am going to be on the look out for patterns as I plan to make my dress and possibly the dresses of my bridesmaids.

you are quite welcome:) there are some beautiful gowns on that site, huh?

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
TheSwingingBee said:
Thank you so much for this site! I just got engaged and am going to be on the look out for patterns as I plan to make my dress and possibly the dresses of my bridesmaids.

Congrats Theswingingbee!
Ohh how exciting! Woohhooo to the blushing bride!

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
TheSwingingBee said:

No, sorry. It was a site that sold the dresses. the shot by the plane was of a model modeling the dress.

BTW: What kind of fabric can veils be made of?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Congrats TheSwingingBee!!

Veils are made of tulle. It's normally polyester or nylon now, but you can find silk or cotton tulle- at about $100 a yard. (yipes!)

I'm still making my dress and I'm getting married in... oh... five days. I'd say hire someone to make it or buy something vintage. Would save a lot of stress.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Im going to secound what Lauren said, Have someone make it for you! Even if you can sew! I made my wedding dress and it was waaayyy... too much stress to deal with. I would have been happier if I had sent it off to my husbands grandmother. I look at it now and see every little mistake that I made.
Oh heres a picture of my dress:
Samantha_and_Nate1.jpg

The cape is vintage. I bought my veil and tiara at Davids Bridal. They were on a deep discount! The tiara looks like wax blossoms!

Ps- SwingningBee and Lauren Congrats!:)

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore