Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction 1930s Mens Trousers Medium Sizes; Discount for TFL Members

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Recently I discovered a small lot of new old stock mens trousers with a surprisingly authentic 1930s cut. I have them for sale on ebay here. However, if you contact me through the Fedora Lounge, I am offering a $6 discount, making the pants $39 instead of the listed $45. This offer is only extended to Fedora Lounge members who contact me via PM.

Now about these slacks......

They are cut most closely to the M1937 Officer's trousers, but with shallow dual pleats instead of a flat front. As such, they have great 1930s details like a higher-waist fit (I am about 5 11 and these pants go up to my navel), a wide 1.75 inch waistband, an athletic fit through the seat and thigh, and a wide cut from the knee to the 22 inch bottoms. it is the straight un-tapered cut from the knee down that give these slack a distinctive 1930s look that is unique from the slim and trim 1920s, and the more rounded taper of the 1940s. Some the slacks have a scalloped rear pocket flap which is also a nice touch.Like M1937's, the bottoms are uncuffed.
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

I saved a couple of pairs for myself and have worn them out and about. The fit is very close to my M1937, but the wide leg opening is truer to a mid 1930s dress trouser. By no means are these trousers Oxford bags, as they are cut quite conservatively through the thigh and the legs are not cartoonishly baggy. However, these are clearly 1930s stye trousers, so they will stand out in the current sea of "skinny jeans" fashions.
$_57.JPG

You can read more about the slacks in the ebay listings for material, color, measurements and etc.

Most of the slacks listed are W 34, In 30, but I am going to check back with the wholesaler and see if he has other sizes available. PM if you don't see your size.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
All the 34' inch waists are still available, but the 38 waist in stone has sold. If interested, please PM me on TFL, as the ebay listings have expired.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Pants have been relisted now as auctions instead of fixed prices. Discount is discontinued.
New fit pics!
1978640_10203679459734044_3710046684624030420_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff