Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resizing a bowler

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Getting pretty sick of eBay folks mis stateing the siZe of hats
I got a beautiful knox superfine bowler from 1933 in absolulty mint condtion stated as 7 1/4 but it's a 7 1/8
the hat is so nice I would not mind investing some cash into it to get it upsized. Is this possible?? Will it stretch just like a felt hat? Any hat people do bowler upsizing??
Thanks
Jeff

Dreispitz

One Too Many
jeffconnors said:
Getting pretty sick of eBay folks mis stateing the siZe of hats
I got a beautiful knox superfine bowler from 1933 in absolulty mint condtion stated as 7 1/4 but it's a 7 1/8
the hat is so nice I would not mind investing some cash into it to get it upsized. Is this possible?? Will it stretch just like a felt hat? Any hat people do bowler upsizing??
Thanks
Jeff

It might not survive the torture without damage or loss of shape. Since it is still in good condition it might be worth to be kept as a vintage collector´s item.

You may as well sell it to a 7 1/8 head and make someone happy.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dreispitz said:
It might not survive the torture without damage or loss of shape. Since it is still in good condition it might be worth to be kept as a vintage collector´s item.

You may as well sell it to a 7 1/8 head and make someone happy.

Something of that vintage would be better off on the top of a proper size head. Re-sell it & try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles