Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro Ad Site

TopHatCat

New in Town
Hello,

I hope I'm not repeating any information here but I happened to stumble upon a great site for 50's ads called Plan 59. I'm not sure how he did it but all the ads there are really high quality, these aren't low-res scans from any old mag. This site seemed like something people here would enjoy.

A good deal of these ads are really funny and the car ads, my goodness! Gorgeous!

It's interesting how the illustration style of the time gives everything this veneer of newness, and hope for the future (as strange as that sounds). Everything from the Brylcreem in the dads' hair to the sparkling floors of the kitchens and megawatt smiles everyone sports.

Thanks for that link, TopHatCat. Welcome to the Lounge.

I think I have to get this one,

mot61moondance.jpg

Regards,

Senator Jack

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
TopHatCat said:
It's interesting how the illustration style of the time gives everything this veneer of newness, and hope for the future (as strange as that sounds). Everything from the Brylcreem in the dads' hair to the sparkling floors of the kitchens and megawatt smiles everyone sports.

Yep, illustration for the new frontier. :D Pretty cool, lots of fun graphics, thanks for the link.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I found that site a long time ago. I use some of the images in my Photoshop creations (hope that person doesn't mind...I'm not selling them or anything). I just like putting friends and co-workers faces into them to make funny cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner