Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro style wedding invites

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi ladies. I am getting married in November and my fiance and I are looking for invites. He has a propensity toward rather bland invites with a border and nothing else but script writing on it. But anyway he said if I found the right thing he would be ok with less bland invite. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could find something vintage style, maybe art deco, or art nouveau, maybe even with a peacock feather or two on it. Also our colors are dark teal and gold. Thanks for the help.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Hi Grant Fan,

Not long to go! Have you considered making your own? Me and mine made our own invites, place cards, table planner etc. It took a few evenings of sitting around drinking wine with friends and family and scalpels! We were really pleased with the result and it only cost us £35 ($55) in materials (a bit more in wine to rope in the helpers!). We went for a retro tattoo/ classic rock type of theme (note the Metallica font in the invite!). Best of luck looking!

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

m__MG_1106-150x150.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi Grant Fan,

Not long to go! Have you considered making your own? Me and mine made our own invites, place cards, table planner etc. It took a few evenings of sitting around drinking wine with friends and family and scalpels! We were really pleased with the result and it only cost us £35 ($55) in materials (a bit more in wine to rope in the helpers!). We went for a retro tattoo/ classic rock type of theme (note the Metallica font in the invite!). Best of luck looking!

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

m__MG_1106-150x150.jpg

While I love you invites, I am already makeing so many things I don't have it in me to make anything else.

lareine

A-List Customer
If you know what you want, or at least roughly, you can find somebody to make it for you on etsy.com. The folk on etsy generally produce very professional-looking goods and there are lots of sellers there who do custom work.

thor

Call Me a Cab
My fiance suugests that you try: weddingpaperdivas.com or papeteriestore.com or looklovesend.com

All have vintage/classic/do-it-yourself styles. Good luck...and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

swinggal

One Too Many
My favourite place for Art Deco and vintage wedding invites is a seller on Esty. She has AMAZING designs, and, even though I am a graphic designer myself, she tempts me to use her stuff if I was ever to get married!

He shop is called 'GoGoSnap' and I adore her work. I think she is on holiday atm, but make sure you go back in for a look when she returns on July 13.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GoGoSnap

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I've found some lovely ones on Etsy, as I'm also looking for Art Deco style. Just search "art deco wedding invitations" and some crackers should show up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner