Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Stetson Playboy

This is a pretty wonderful Playboy that I wear too infrequently. Size 7 in a sage color (green/gray). The ribbon has aged to an iridescent quality that flashes both green and copper - 11/16" wide. Raw brim, with a line of decorative stitching at the edge. The crown is 4 1/2" as I have it creased, brim width is 2 3/4". Nice felt that has a relaxed and casual softness to it. Inside, the Royal Stetson mark is embroidered rather than printed, covered by a translucent vinyl (predates Stetson clear plastic) crown protector. The condition of the hat is excellent inside and out.

$145. includes shipping in the U.S... add $20 for shipping to Europe. Please PM for Paypal information if interested.

playboy1.jpg

playboy2.jpg

playboy3.jpg

playboy4.jpg

playboy5.jpg

playboy6.jpg

playboy7.jpg

playboy8.jpg

Certainly

Circumference is just under 22" (or 56cm)... head opening is 6 1/4 side to side by 7 3/4 front to back (159mm x 197mm). It's a true US size 7. My head measure 22 1/8" and I enjoy wearing this hat most following a haircut.

hope that helps,
Alan

Last edited:
This is a small one... but a lovely early example of what five dollars could buy at a hat shop in the years after the second world war. I might just have to talk myself into keeping it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy