Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Stetson Playboy

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
This hat is near mint. Smooth and soft, and with a a floppy brim, at least in a breeze. Took some steam to it and this is the result. And Praise the Lord, it was cold enough to wear it today. Enjoy.
DR

DSC05513sm.jpg

DSC05515sm.jpg

DSC05520sm.jpg

DSC05521sm.jpg

DSC05522sm.jpg

DSC05524sm.jpg

And one I couldn't get the to work
http://public.fotki.com/formerblueangel/felt_fedoras/dsc05517sm.html
If the pictures aren't showing, just start here: http://public.fotki.com/formerblueangel/felt_fedoras/dsc05513sm.html

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just send it to me to save yourself

That hat is terrible! It is an awful color. It doesn't match the jacket either. And the balance is off on you. You have no choice, just send it to me, I will save you from public ridiculelol lol

(OH, AND IT DOESN"T MATTER THAT IT JUST HAPPENS TO BE IN MY SIZE)

Beautiful hat, one of the cleanest .......great color.

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Kevin

Andykev said:
That hat is terrible! It is an awful color. It doesn't match the jacket either. And the balance is off on you. You have no choice, just send it to me, I will save you from public ridiculelol lol

(OH, AND IT DOESN"T MATTER THAT IT JUST HAPPENS TO BE IN MY SIZE)

Beautiful hat, one of the cleanest .......great color.
I guess I need to work on my photoshop skills :p BTW, kick ass AVATAR!

DR

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dusty,
Dare I say, you have a little bit of an Indy look going on there, with the leather jacket. :)
It looks good on you. The hat suits you well and I like the styling; great dents, great ribbon and bow, and the felt looks soft.
Enjoy it.

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Thank you sir.

Hemingway Jones said:
Dusty,
Dare I say, you have a little bit of an Indy look going on there, with the leather jacket. :)
It looks good on you. The hat suits you well and I like the styling; great dents, great ribbon and bow, and the felt looks soft.
Enjoy it.
Yes it very soft. It iwll flop a little int he wind but holds it's shapre really well. THis one is a life long keeper.
DR

Mr Nick

New in Town
Praise from a new lounger

Hey guys! I'm new. Been hangin'out for a few weeks and really learning a lot from all you guys with the really cool hats. The color and shape of your hat really looks good on you!:eusa_clap

Baron Kurtz said:
Mein Gott! A fine lid, indeed. I'd expect nothing less of a Playboy. I'm praying for one. The last time i prayed for a hat i found a Whippet within two weeks.

bk

That's the beauty of prayer. It doesn't necessarily help, but it can't hurt.

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
They are well worth it BK

Baron Kurtz said:
Mein Gott! A fine lid, indeed. I'd expect nothing less of a Playboy. I'm praying for one. The last time i prayed for a hat i found a Whippet within two weeks.

bk
I like this one a lot better than my Vita-Felt Playboy though. This one has more "give" when I put it on. The Vita-Felt is stiff and tight. Doesn't take well to a good stretching for whatever reason.
DR

tonyb said:
That's the beauty of prayer. It doesn't necessarily help, but it can't hurt.

Well, you know ... i'm coming around to the idea of prayer. I just dropped into one of the local antique malls - large floor space, many booths, you know the kind of place. This is the place where i picked up a Stratoliner and a Whippet for $15 each.

Guess what? Yep. Green Royal Stetson Playboy (2 1/2" raw edge (is this the term?) brim, an even 4" all around the crown) in my size. Nice condition - a little spotty here and there but it'll clean up easy. $15 !!. Originally sold in the same store that sold the Stratoliner (which is also green and flying high with a new owner).

And right next to it? An Adam Capital panama hat. Also in my size. Tags still on it. $5.

Good deals? Yes, i thought so too ...

bk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925