Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rum and Coke Question

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
der schneider said:
for a little different taste try rum and rootbeer
I've tried it before (ran out of coke :eek: ) and it was perfectly drinkable, if you like root beer.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
right_bottle.jpg

this or Woods 100% rum... part of our.Royal Navy and Royal marine essentials!!:) :)

Haversack

One Too Many
A little hard to get stateside but Bundaberg, a rum distillery in Queensland makes both a decent dark rum and a cane sugar cola. They even sell them premixed in cans and kegs. Despite having gotten something of bad reputation as 'yobbo fuel' it makes for a good rum and cola.

To take rum and coke one step further, add the juice of one lime and it becomes the classic drink, the Cuba Libre. For this, Bacardi is the traditional rum.

Haversack.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i know Jarritos soda and Sidral Mundet apple soda use cane sugar...dunno if the different flavors would make a good rum and coke though...

Imahomer

Practically Family
I usually employ the Captain, but if I were having some people over it might be nice to have some sort of judging contest. Let your guests decide what the group winner is. :p

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Just found this thread. Simple answer to where to find Mexican Coca-cola. And that is in Mexican grocery stores. At least here in Maryland there are several Mexican grocers. I know of one in Easton, one in Annapolis, one in Glen Burnie and one in Baltimore that all have Coke made with cane sugar. Actually the Food Lion might too by now. We have a large enough Hispanic population that greater and greater sections of the the chain grocery stores are devoted to foods and products targeting Hispanics that it is possible even in the larger stores it can be found.

Matt

Esme

One of the Regulars
I like bacardi dark and RC, but you can't get RC here in Aus, so I do regular old coke or even coke zero if that is all I have. It's just rum and coke not gin! LOL

dr greg

One Too Many
yob?

Haversack said:
Despite having gotten something of bad reputation as 'yobbo fuel' it makes for a good rum and cola.

Haversack.
My dear chap, yobbo is an English expression, the correct term in these latitudes is "bogan juice", the condition known as 'troppo' can also be attributed to the excessive consumption of Bundy rum...it has a legendary and well-deserved reputation, the fellow in this story was under the influence of it according to other news reports of the time

http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/drunk-man-attacked-by-crocodile-and-lives/offbeat-news

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
der schneider said:
rum and coke with a lime twist is good...

Cuba Libre! The only way to drink Rum & Coke in my opinion. Also, I prefer a white rum to a spiced, but that comes from over indulging on the spiced once too often in college, particularly in combination with Vanilla Coke. That was a nice combination while it lasted.

Today I hardly drink at all, but when I do, I'm more partial to Jack Daniels & Coke. Or a Manhattan, but that's further afield than I meant to go.

-Dave

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haversack said:
A little hard to get stateside but Bundaberg, a rum distillery in Queensland makes both a decent dark rum and a cane sugar cola. They even sell them premixed in cans and kegs. Despite having gotten something of bad reputation as 'yobbo fuel' it makes for a good rum and cola.

To take rum and coke one step further, add the juice of one lime and it becomes the classic drink, the Cuba Libre. For this, Bacardi is the traditional rum.

Haversack.

But you are missing one ingredient - salt.
In Latin countries, when they make a Cuba Libre, they put the ice in the glass, sprinkle salt on it, add the rum (usually a white rum like Bacardi, but since they don't have the &*(^&* embargo, it is most often the delicious Havana Club), then the Coca Cola (with cane sugar), then a squeeze of a lime quarter.

Note of cultural intrest - in Mexico, they call Coca Cola El Agua Negro de Capitalismo (black water of capitalism). Black water also means sewage. But they still drink it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner