Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Save the Girls

Shearer

Practically Family
Hey, thanks for putting this up! I love ephemera and nose art especially. I think I might have been to this site before just to look around, but today I made a small donation and got a pack of their limited edition cards.

Worth clicking the link just to check it out.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Those are neat, thanks for the link.

If you type in "nose art pin" on Ebay, you can see some pretty and pretty naughty nose art gals that you could wear as a pin, maybe even a hat pin.

karol

Shearer

Practically Family
K.D. Lightner said:
Those are neat, thanks for the link.

If you type in "nose art pin" on Ebay, you can see some pretty and pretty naughty nose art gals that you could wear as a pin, maybe even a hat pin.

karol

Thanks for the tip Karol, I never thought of hat pins!!! You've got me way too excited now! :)

Hondo

One Too Many
CharlieH. said:
Great site warbird! Thanks for posting.
I'm assuming that what's being preserved are only the panels on which these dames were painted, and not the whole plane, right?

Thats right CharlieH just the art work ;) very few planes still flying.
This should be preserved as there was a hard copy book regarding nose art thats gone out of print long ago.

Mr. Pinstripe Suit

New in Town
Nose Art Books

Hondo said:
Thats right CharlieH just the art work ;) very few planes still flying.
This should be preserved as there was a hard copy book regarding nose art thats gone out of print long ago.

Amazon.com nose art results.

If they're out of print, you can often still find them used on Amazon or via a search of ABEbooks.com.

And if you like the art, you should take a ride in one when the Collings Foundation or EAA brings their fully-restored warbirds to your town on tour each year or so. There's no better way to really understand what those young men went through under fire in those beautiful birds.

Cheers,

-Kevin

Hondo

One Too Many
Mr. Pinstripe Suit said:
Amazon.com nose art results.

If they're out of print, you can often still find them used on Amazon or via a search of ABEbooks.com.

And if you like the art, you should take a ride in one when the Collings Foundation or EAA brings their fully-restored warbirds to your town on tour each year or so. There's no better way to really understand what those young men went through under fire in those beautiful birds.

Cheers,

-Kevin

Yo kevin, its one of those "Duh" moments with regards to the books, it slipped my brain, been a while since I last made a search, I have already rode a couple of times with the Collings group. Its a thrill, everyone should at least once in a life time. Hope to do it again, Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80