Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[Scammer Alert] "Red Tornado" outerwear on Ali Express

blatman23

New in Town
OK, so I ordered this waxed jacket from Red Tornado via Ali Express.... Size 2XL.
Red Tornado sends a message afterwards saying it's not in stock, asking what other size to ship (stupid question)
After a few more minutes, he actually ships some other size without giving me a chance to cancel, the goes on blocking me.

Now, 2 weeks later, this shipping notice turned out as fake, as the parcel never left his warehouse.

Ali Express can't help me because the seller gave them a fake tracking number which they say could be valid (even though it hasn't moved for 2 weeks)

I contacted Red Tornado via another account, asking to fix this issue even if he sends me a larger size.
He replies with "no" and follows to block that too.

Red Tornado is a scamming business, and I caution you severely dealing with him!
Proof uploaded.

I made a mistake dealing with this degenerate from china and it's totally my fault for thinking anything out of Red Tornado could be OK, and I don't need no education. My bad. I just hope you guys don't make the same mistake

Filing a Visa Chargeback tomorrow as the only recourse of action against this scammer.

From now on, if it's not made in USA by actual humans, I am not buying it. Red Tornado is clearly an immoral degenerate that should live among rats, not humans.
His IG account is allv938 where you can see his scamming ugly face.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.png
    2.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 56
  • blocked 2.png
    blocked 2.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 49
  • blocked.png
    blocked.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 2024-04-09 00_11_47-Instagram - Al Lv (@allv938) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    2024-04-09 00_11_47-Instagram - Al Lv (@allv938) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 57

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I've had good experiences with Red Tornado products. Good quality, matching the description/photos, good value for the price..
I buy from DearyLeZing Store on Aliexpress, and have never had a problem.

A lot of the sellers on Ali are guilty of misrepresenting their product, and not keeping accurate count of their inventory. If you happen to buy something that is out of stock, god help you. Ali customer service is lip service only, and takes forever to resolve. Chargeback to your credit card or PayPal works, but they've gotten to where you have to document that you tried to use the Ali process and it didn't work, so it really sucks when they screw you and give you the runaround.

AHP91

Practically Family
Ruh roh, just ordered a pair of red tornado jeans, but not from the official store. I actually ordered a pair from the Deary store a while back and was actually impressed with the quality for the price point, they just didn’t fit. Hence the new purchase. Probably should’ve ordered from the same seller

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
Red tornado does not have official store outside of china.

AliExpress is just resellers that guy from source and ship it out.

Title slightly misleading

T

blatman23

New in Town
Not misleading, Red Tornado Official Store is the name of the store.

I am not knocking their quality, i am knocking their morality. They stole money from me, nothing short of that- and the service is mostly bots typing premade stuff in broken english.

Lesson learned

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
His IG account is allv938 where you can see his scamming ugly face.
I don't think this Instagram user represents an official page. Names like "official.company" can be given without being checked. So I think scammer yes, official representative no.

blatman23

New in Town
Well, as far as i am concerned, he is official. If RT reads this and thinks otherwise, they are welcome to chime in or go ban this guy. Until then, he is Red Tornado.

If its called Red Tornado Official, then it'a red tornado until proven otherwise.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Well, as far as i am concerned, he is official. If RT reads this and thinks otherwise, they are welcome to chime in or go ban this guy. Until then, he is Red Tornado.

If its called Red Tornado Official, then it'a red tornado until proven otherwise.
It's understandable that you'd be upset by a place claiming to be official, but not actually being who they represented themselves to be. But that does NOT mean that this guy is really Red Tornado, any more than the guy in your spam folder is really the prince of Nigeria. Companies have to protect their name, but the rules in China are different and consumer protection is nonexistent, making doing business in the far east something like being in the wild west. You gotta watch out for yourself, but fortunately your bank should help you if you know how to work the buyer protection process. Hopefully someone will take down the scammer, but it won't surprise me if another one pops up immediately. They're like the hydra.

MrProper

If you say so... but it looks anything but official to me.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-09 um 09.07.02.png

Edward

Bartender
If you bought in Aliexpress, it's worth trying their resolution centre. I have only picked up one or two little things on there which were of no great consequence; I wouldn't risk big money on the platform at that sort of distance. Less fear of getting ripped off, more the hassle / near impossibility of having things returned if needsbe. I did twice try to buy a Bob Dong wabash cap from one seller. First time, they sent the wrong size, second time (my size being sold out everywhere else I could find, so I ordered a second time while waiting for the first one to be sorted out) they sent a completely different cap that only resembled the Dong I ordered in that it was a denim, wabash striped cap. Different design entirely, adjustable not sized, 'broken down' look. Aliexpress refunded the first one entirely without asking me to send it back, but oddly the second one they required me to either accept a 50% off or return for full refund. I suppose the decision being that it was wearable at least, whereas the first was not. In the end I chose to return it to the address supplied. Seller claimed it had never arrived, but I was still awarded my full refund. I was as pleased with this outcome as I tend to be with eBay; only Paypal has been better ime.

In my experience Aliexpress isn't a scam platform, but you are going to be dealing with a lot of sellers who will play fast and loose, and what you receive may vary somewhat from what you thought you'd bought. It is, however, what it is. And to be fair, I've had some great sellers on there two, including one that sent me a whole new Wing Sung fountain pen when I sent them a picture and showed how the one they had sent leaked uncontrollably. (Still have the leaker for spares, but could never figure out why it leaked!)

Unfortunately, scammers pretending to be legitimate suppliers or even brands are all over the web these days, and it can be easy to be taken in some times. I feel sorry for the actual brands when they get the blame for this, it must be hard enough keeping a business afloat.

Blackadder

Red Tornado stuffs are fast fashion quality and knockoffs etc. The Red Tornado Official is IMO not official at all. They are selling leather jackets from other manufacturers which you will not find on the "official" Red Tornado Taobao stores.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Use your VISA customer service to get your money back.

The last time I bought from these guys were a few years back, I remember posting in the Chinese jacket thread. They were reliable then, but people can change. When I bought from them Aliexpress was using express shipping couriers like FedEX and UPS so there wasn't that much wait. But iiirc it was about 60 to 100 bucks more than buying from Taobao which was really only about week longer in shipping time as they were using Air services from post offices.

PilotJens

A-List Customer
That's strange I dealt a lot with Al and he was usually super friendly.As far as I know he claims to be the owner of red tornado.He has multiple stores like red tornado,Rock can roll etc.

The Instagram account is his but he doesn't use it anymore because of problems with the CCP .
He was very open in the AliExpress chat which might caused some trouble

PilotJens

A-List Customer
Maybe he is waiting for new stock and then he will ship it ?

My only concern is that he can get hostile pretty quickly .
I don't know if he finds it funny or is overwhelmed by negative reviews .
He used to comment stuff like

One star review
Jacket is perfect,Button came of so horrible quality

His response
Sew the button back on you idiot.
Jus't sew sew sew

blatman23

New in Town
It appears that Al changed the name of his store, probably after viewing this thread.

again, let this thread be a warning to future buyers of knockoffs. Triple check your sellers, and be prepared to lose.

iF you buy at "Al's store" ore one of his hydra stores on Ali Express.
you will surely lose

anyway, i made some influence, as he is no longer "RTofficial"

thanks Fedora for the support, I move on to better clothing.

see you on the next Filson purchase fit check as I am done with china :)

Last edited:

PilotJens

A-List Customer
Are you sure that he changed or "offlined" his store because he scammed you or got flagged by random people from the Internet saying he is an asshole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner