Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641 or 141?

Tell Kathy I Love Her

Familiar Face
Hi, I'm looking to buy a beautiful, classic jacket with a one piece back and great leather and am torn between the Schott 641 and the 141. I know the 641 has a trimmer fit, but am worried it won't be comfortable. Perhaps the trim fit is meant for biker riders, not those who want a jacket to wear everyday to work and social occasions.

I do not ride a motorcycle; I just want one of the most classic, timeless styles: the cafe racer. I am a slim person: 5'11" and about 145-150 pounds. Would the 141 or 641 suit me more? I detest loose, baggy jackets made for modern Americans, yet don't want to be uncomfortable in a skin tight jacket made for a motorcycle rider. Would you recommend the 641 or 141? Also, can you recommend a size in each? I have a 36" chest and a 32" waist. I have a Schott peacoat in 38 that fits.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello!

Do yourself a favor.............do not overthink the leather jacket selection.
Ask 13 people and you'll get 10 - 13 different responses as to what you should get. This is a very personal and analytical selection process. You have already been advised that Schott markets a very nice product that will fill your needs. You, and only you, should decide what model you will purchase.

As for sizing.............a call or email to Gail @ Schott, NYC should prove to be most beneficial.

Just trying to be helpful and Best of luck with your decision!

Best regards,
coffee

Faster

New in Town
Hi, I'm looking to buy a beautiful, classic jacket with a one piece back and great leather and am torn between the Schott 641 and the 141. I know the 641 has a trimmer fit, but am worried it won't be comfortable. Perhaps the trim fit is meant for biker riders, not those who want a jacket to wear everyday to work and social occasions.

I do not ride a motorcycle; I just want one of the most classic, timeless styles: the cafe racer. I am a slim person: 5'11" and about 145-150 pounds. Would the 141 or 641 suit me more? I detest loose, baggy jackets made for modern Americans, yet don't want to be uncomfortable in a skin tight jacket made for a motorcycle rider. Would you recommend the 641 or 141? Also, can you recommend a size in each? I have a 36" chest and a 32" waist. I have a Schott peacoat in 38 that fits.

If you don't want baggy, don't buy Schott. Since you're 5'11", the 641 will be very, very short on you. In short (no pun intended), there are better options out there for you...without a doubt! I'd call a shop that carries all three major brands to get the style and fit that you desire. Insurrection, since they're in my area, is the first such shop that comes to mind.

I'd never buy a riding jacket (unless I wasn't going to ride in it) without trying it on and having a bike to sit on! I actually changed over to textile jackets for the summer in LA as it was just too dang hot in the summers. They are excellent, and don't have the weight/heat issues of heavy leather. It's not a jacket I'd wear otherwise, but for summer riding, I had to make the switch.
If it's biker fashion, I don't think the fit is as critical...

Anthony Rice

New in Town
I have a schott 641 in size 38 . If you want me to measure it so you have a rough idea of there lengths just say. I may actually sell it.

Tell Kathy I Love Her

Familiar Face
I have a schott 641 in size 38 . If you want me to measure it so you have a rough idea of there lengths just say. I may actually sell it.
Anthony, if your 38 fits, it would be more valuable to me to share YOUR measurements. In other words, how tall are you, your waist size, chest size, sleeve length, etc. The reason I ask, I'm considering a 641 40, and I'd like to know how I compare to you.

Anthony Rice

New in Town
Well i'm 6ft, I have a chest 35-36 my waist is 30. Im slim 71kg. The schott 38 is a pretty casual fit on me without the lining, and a little more snug with but still a baggy in the arms and waist area, to accommodate riding positions. The whole slim fitting of the 641 that you should size up its nonsense unless you have a big beer belly or such.. The length is over my belt line,, its like 25.5" back length. Hope this helps.

edit: the sleeves are ok in length for me but could be a problem for others. depends on how slim you are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy