Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott "Windward"

fraazierjo

New in Town
Back in the late 50's and early 60's, Schott a Perfecto version of the Windward jacket in black steerhide was extremely popular in NYC. I had a couple of them I bought right off some guys backs - really cool. I've been watching for vintage numbers on ebay but no luck. Never see them mentioned
here or on VLJ. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about or is this one of my leather jacket fantasies?

Windward

Practically Family
You called me ??

fraazierjo said:
Back in the late 50's and early 60's, Schott a Perfecto version of the Windward jacket in black steerhide was extremely popular in NYC. I had a couple of them I bought right off some guys backs - really cool. I've been watching for vintage numbers on ebay but no luck. Never see them mentioned
here or on VLJ. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about or is this one of my leather jacket fantasies?

Hi FJ
I've just heard Windward . . .
I am totally into AERO's Windward FQHH (!) jacket it is the most stylish jacket of all time and it look good if you are a guy who want to have a sporty-cool-look. Its shorter than the Highwayman and got a few more features.
Never saw the Schott Windward if you post pics - would be helpfull
Windward

Windward3to4inchunderBeltline.jpg

KopievonWindward4446CordovanBACK.jpg

fraazierjo

New in Town
Windward

Sorry (really sorry!)I Lost the ones I had in a burglary years back! I do have a Montgomery Ward Windward brown horsehide that looks exactly like
the number you're wearing in the picture. Got it on ebay it and it looks pretty good - a bit stiff from age and it's lost that great horsehide scent. Yours looks really sharp and supple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24