Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Score! Dobbs Hobmurg!

Lorne

One of the Regulars
I got the below hat off a craigslist ad. I had to drive from Boston to Providence, but what the hell. Took the wife to Federal Hill to make up for it.

I'm not a Homburg guy, so I might sell this one off. But I will try living with it for a while.

The hat looks grey, but its tan. From the newspapers in the box it looks like the hat last saw the light of day in 1959.

One odd thing is that the sweatband is fabric, but is original to the that. It has the Dobbs name and logo stamped into it in gold leaf.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/20130310195424.jpg/] [/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/20130310195434.jpg/] [/URL]

Last edited:

okbrewer

New in Town
I got the below hat off a craigslist ad. I had to drive from Boston to Providence, but what the hell. Took the wife to Federal Hill to make up for it.

I'm not a Homburg guy, so I might sell this one off. But I will try living with it for a while.

The hat looks grey, but its tan. From the newspapers in the box it looks like the hat last saw the light of day in 1959.

One odd thing is that the sweatband is fabric, but is original to the that. It has the Dobbs name and logo stamped into it in gold leaf.

Nice looking Homburg! And in my size!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Very nice score! Please, post a photo! Homburgs do take a bit to get used to, but once you do, you will like them! Try doing side dents, or a wider front pinch on it to see it that suits your preferance!

kolchak

New in Town
Hey that's a fine Homburg! You and the hat are a good fit and look great

I would only say that to me Homburgs look 10x better when worn with suit & tie. Also I think they look better when they aren't tilted like a Fedora but high on the head and basically straight across (and no side dents)

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Lorne, a good looking Homburg, that color looks great too. Make this hat to your hat than he looks good on you!
You wear the hat not the hat wear you!

Lorne

One of the Regulars
I dunno...

I'm not in love with the high crown and I don't wear suits all that often (people think I'm interviewing for another job when I wear a suit).

Besides, I've always associated Homburgs with top coats not trench coats...

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
that's me with leather jacket and my Habig Homburg!
wear206.jpg

or an Stetson ST. Regis with leather jacket!
wear177.jpg

Puts some side dents (not a tight pinch) and wear it casually (like Manfred just posted). Today most people think it's just another hat. By the way this hat is not a snap brim but the brim treatment isn't classic Homburg.

Its a 7 3/8...

Fits me perfectly but I'm not sure a Homburg fits my face...

Like any new, different or unfamiliar look, you're not immediately used to the image and your face. But you got yourself a killer Hommy there! Try it out. The members of the Lounge have loads of great examples of how versatile one can be. Garner a couple of objective comments from folks, (especially strangers) and you'll know.

That's how I discovered my face is perfect for radio...

I'll look for you around town!:cool:

Lorne

One of the Regulars
I've decided to sell off the Homburg.

My Seiko just crapped out and I've recently picked up a Dobbs and a Stetson which need work. So, if you see a guy in a brown Dobbs, black Stetson, or grey Knox, its me...

I've decided to sell off the Homburg.

My Seiko just crapped out and I've recently picked up a Dobbs and a Stetson which need work. So, if you see a guy in a brown Dobbs, black Stetson, or grey Knox, its me...

Sad for your Seiko (none of mine have ever been worth repairing, I feel your pain) but you're STILL STYLIN'!! On with the hunt...

Lorne

One of the Regulars
My seiko is (or was) a 1987 model 7A38. The first analog chronograph they made. It's worth fixing.

So is the Stetson I found thick with dust in a Concord antique store. I'm getting it restored and re-blocked now. Pictures to follow...

howardeye

Practically Family
I dunno...

I'm not in love with the high crown and I don't wear suits all that often (people think I'm interviewing for another job when I wear a suit).

Besides, I've always associated Homburgs with top coats not trench coats...

That is one great looking Homburg! I wear them all the time and would never wear a top coat or a trench coat. Black leather with jeans for me and some of the leather has some of my old blood on it. But, an Armani shirt and sometimes coupled with an Armani or Gucci tie is in order under the jacket. I have a little class!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay