Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scotch 101

Try "Everest" whiskey. I believe that's made in China. Very, very bad.

People also ask me why the beer i drink costs so much (£2 ($4) per bottle). Beer is very complex to make when it's done with care and attention. But my only problem with whiskey being so expensive is that i think the industry plays on its reputation a bit much. Yeah it should cost a bit due to the length of time it takes to realise a profit and the care that goes into making the finished product (no-one denies that aspect), but $40 for the very run of the mill whiskeys that are out there (Glenlivet, Glenfiddich et al.) is a bit much for me to take.

bk

De gustibus non est desputandum.

Ain't it the truth though? MAny people latch onto a beer or whisky or just about any food or drink, and their concepts of flavor as to what is good or bad is stifled. Hence Lite beer. For those that have adventurous taste buds and an understanding of flavor, they (we) tend to gravitate towards specialty beers and limited release whiskies and the like.

Over in San Gabriel here in Southern California is a place caled the Stuffed Sandwich, they have great sandwiches but their beer selection is nearing a thousand. The tap list maybe a verticle of barley wines ro the complete offerings of a brewery or an eclectic sampling of say Belgian beers. Iin bottles are the iconic and quintessential selections for specific styles of beer. Easily a place to learn about beer and ale and those historic styles, yet there are those that will order a Bud lite and consder a Michelob to bee a heavy darker beer. Scarey.:eek:

One thing that is hard, that I had to learn was when I was a homebrewed beer judge, to judge styles i did not like on the merit of how good a representation of the style the entry was. However, that knowledge was a boon when i found things I liked and grew in my appreciation of styles that were not my favorites.

For some they say you can't argue taste, I think it is one of the best things to argue.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
need help:

any of you So Californians know where I can purchase Teacher's ??
I am unable to find it anywhere except on line and really dont want to pay the shipping costs.

Sorry for the hijack, but I am desperate.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Thanks John.
I know that store.......used to live in OC back in a former life.
What a great place.
I'm sure they can help...............and I just checked:
They stock it.

I owe ya one ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo