Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seeking swing VIDEO discography

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Anyone know if there's a swing VIDEO discography in existance (complete or not)?

Anyone done work on one, or know if one's in the making?

Anyone have leads or pointers to artists & titles in existance, besides just doing google searches and starting with all the titles/artists in currently-available swing video DVD collections on Amazon and videos on YouTube?

If anyone knows the titles and the artists of any swing era (1930-1949) music videos (whether or not you actually have them yourself), could you PM me?

It'd be fun to throw them into a database with approximate year, artist, song title, name of movie it came from if it's from a movie, etc.

By music video I mean an entire full song performance, either featured in a movie or a standalone soundie, appearing to be filmed between 1930 and 1949, featuring either a jazz band or a swing band (i.e. not "If I Only Had A Brain" from The Wizard of Oz), without extraneous dialogue overlayed on top, regardless of whether they actually show the band performing (or whether they just show people dancing to it, etc).

Astaire and Rodgers numbers would be borderline as to whether I'd include them or not; a few possibly could.

Thanks,

Swing High,
- C H

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Amongst swing dancers there is a compilation of dance clips (roughly 3 DVD discs worth) circulating around. They are all pulled from vintage movies from the 30's to the 50's. With a little sleuthing you can find them on the internet, or you can just PM for more information.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I was looking at this site just today:

http://www.dancerevival.org/

This site has some as well:
http://www.return2style.de/swingstyle/video/amivideo.htm

I found a third site, but now I can't seem to locate it again...

Amongst swing dancers there is a compilation of dance clips (roughly 3 DVD discs worth) circulating around. They are all pulled from vintage movies from the 30's to the 50's. With a little sleuthing you can find them on the internet, or you can just PM for more information.

I would love a copy of this video--I have been trying to find one for ages and can't seem to convince anyone to make a copy for me [huh]

Trickeration

Practically Family
sloswing.com has a great set of 3 discs. I don't know if the same one you're looking for, but it's got about everything can imagine on it. It's $23 including shipping, and has 2 dvd's of swing/lindy, and one of balboa. My husband got it for me for Christmas last year, and I just love it. Good luck in your search. Trix

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Trickeration said:
sloswing.com has a great set of 3 discs. I don't know if the same one you're looking for, but it's got about everything can imagine on it. It's $23 including shipping, and has 2 dvd's of swing/lindy, and one of balboa. My husband got it for me for Christmas last year, and I just love it. Good luck in your search. Trix
JUST bought that set! Can't wait, glad to hear the good review :eusa_clap

Swing High,
- C H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace