Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Patriot Jacket by Nicks Boots

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I do agree that it looks terrible. I tend to be optimistic, and knowing how terrible my first efforts at things are, I can look at this and say "it's a start". I don't see things that can't be addressed and improved. If Nicks can respond to criticism and rise to the challenge and get better quickly, they could end up being another maker to consider. Right now, this isn't it, but knowing how good they are at making boots, I'd love to see them get as good at making leather jackets. Just as long as they don't stray from being great at boots.
Agreed. I'd rather have more good leather jacket options available for people. There is a lot that needs to be fixed, but if they pulled it off I'd be glad to see it.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
I was suggested the video on my youtube page few days ago, and actually watched it before reading this thread, the video was funny and even when overly patriotic and mocking other major leather producer country like pakistan they seem like cool people who don't take themselves too seriously either. i think someone who buy this jacket need to buy it 3 sizes smaller than his usual size since not only roomy on the body it still has full action back that is totally billowing and sagging behind while the model wearing it is already a gigantic guy
Awesome.
I need a leather jacket to wear when I'm chopping wood.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Found a Reddit thread with a few more "in the wild" pics and one fit pic down in the comments.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NicksHandmadeBoots/comments/18mt8ov
how the uppersleeve twists tell the whole story for me, the pattern is very generic, like how original type1 or type 2 denim jacket sleeve, the arm is spreading, and it looks better when worn oversized with shoulder seam off shoulder, if you wear spreading sleeve jacket with fitted size the sleeve would look horrible twisting and with many unsightly creases like that guy in the comment section

Goel

A-List Customer
What's the lining of this supposed to be? The wax canvas version was lined in WeatherWool which is amazing stuff.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Aaaaand another one : https://www.reddit.com/r/NicksHandmadeBoots/comments/190hcz2
1704663111063.png

1704663123470.png

Schambach

Practically Family
It definitely fits this guy better, he mentions going down a size based on their measurements.

I still think it would look cool in black roughout.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Hang on though.

These fits all look terrible, don't they?

The jacket is shapeless and unflattering.

What am I missing?
You're missing the blind tribalism fanboyism of pacific northwest boot fans. Don't you realize that wearing this jacket makes you more of a man?

It's like how each performance part sticker on your car adds 10 horsepower. Wearing this jacket adds 10 testosterone to each man who puts it on. A lot of Nick's, Whites, Wesco, Frank's, etc fans think pretty much like this.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You're missing the blind tribalism fanboyism of pacific northwest boot fans. Don't you realize that wearing this jacket makes you more of a man?

I had already been into shoes and boots for years before I encountered the workwear subculture around them and I’m pretty sure I asked someone “You dropped John Lobb money for this?”

I wouldn’t even be opposed to getting a pair from one of those makers at some point but I hadn’t encountered anyone in more ‘classic menswear’ (for lack of a better term) engage in that kind of fan culture around a maker.

Did I show you that Stitchdown ‘review’ that was basically just an ad for the boot complete with a side section where the author shills other items you can buy to go with them from the same store?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I had already been into shoes and boots for years before I encountered the workwear subculture around them and I’m pretty sure I asked someone “You dropped John Lobb money for this?”

I wouldn’t even be opposed to getting a pair from one of those makers at some point but I hadn’t encountered anyone in more ‘classic menswear’ (for lack of a better term) engage in that kind of fan culture around a maker.

Did I show you that Stitchdown ‘review’ that was basically just an ad for the boot complete with a side section where the author shills other items you can buy to go with them from the same store?
I have had some boots from a couple of those makers and they're solid, though with very iffy quality control.

The fanboyism is disgusting, especially the logic behind it. Some of them genuinely think that nicely made boots are worse than boots with bad qc because "mUh MaNhOoD"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner