Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thorogood Style 6206

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Just received my New Thorogood Style #6206 6” All Black Moc Toe Boots. I really like the way they are made. Much Easier to Break-In then my RW. I bought from Midwestboots.com
Total price $217. I received 3 types of laces for free original,Kevlar and Black Leather. I put on Nicks Kilties and the Leather Laces. I did apply one application of Obenouf’s Oil. The Leather just soaked it in so fast. Comes with Removable insole all made in USA.

Attachments

• IMG_5601.jpeg
    IMG_5601.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5602.jpeg
    IMG_5602.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5603.jpeg
    IMG_5603.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I really like the black. Great choice! I’ve got a pair in dark brown (briar) with black soles that have held up pretty well. Midwest was good to deal with but get ready for some emails now that you’ve bought from them.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I really like the black. Great choice! I’ve got a pair in dark brown (briar) with black soles that have held up pretty well. Midwest was good to deal with but get ready for some emails now that you’ve bought from them.
I wanted your style boot because I like the Black Sole and the dark brown briar but the Style is no longer being made. I could not find anywhere my size 13EE.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I wanted your style boot because I like the Black Sole and the dark brown briar but the Style is no longer being made. I could not find anywhere my size 13EE.
Yes for some reason that color combination is now only available in the waterproof models or maybe it’s the steel toe one. My tip as a current owner would be to consider them as a three season boot unless you’re strapping on some picks or chains.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I wanted the 6206 for work because I'm required black footwear, but they don't offer them in my size so I went with the 6201 which are the same boots but with the white sole white collar and plane brass hardware.
20230811_112301.jpg

MWB is great, their prices aren't always the cheapest but the freebies they're always tossing in are great.
And they have sales on Thorogood all the time.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I wanted the 6206 for work because I'm required black footwear, but they don't offer them in my size so I went with the 6201 which are the same boots but with the white sole white collar and plane brass hardware.
View attachment 544355
MWB is great, their prices aren't always the cheapest but the freebies they're always tossing in are great.
And they have sales on Thorogood all the time.
Love your Kilties also. The leather is high quality. I think I like Thorogood better than Red Wing. I think for $90 you can send to Thorogood and have a New Black Replacement Sole installed. MWB had the best selection and all sizes. They had a $50 rebate on Thorogood boots over $250. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your boots.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I think for $90 you can send to Thorogood and have a New Black Replacement Sole installed

Or some local guy could do it. Some cobblers could cut off most of the sole, sand it down close to the midsole, and glue on a new wedge sole. Obviously it will not be as nice as a full recraft with new cork, a new welt, a new midsole, etc. But you will get a new wedge sole, which will last a few more years. Then maybe at that point, you could consider a recraft.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I understand the costs of materials, labor, shop supplies, overhead, etc. For a boot like this to get a proper recraft, you may be better off buying a new pair.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 00.50.03.png

1693814063535.png

1693813938393.png

TLW '90

Practically Family
I have yet to experience a pair of redwings, but I really do love the Seidel leather weinbrenner uses on the Thorogood line.
I believe ove had my 4364's going on 4 years now, and they always clean up well.
20230628_180010.jpg

20221118_134940.jpg

20221118_173301.jpg

As far as the resole goes I believe you have to have your receipt, so when that time comes I'll order some soles and do it myself.

I'd love nothing more than to have Thorogood do it get a new Maxwear wedge, but since I don't believe those soles are available to any cobblers it'll have to be the inferior Christy wedge.

Btw the Cognac horween Chromexcel they have offered is in my opinion the most beautiful boot leather there is.
20210107_122616.jpg

20210107_134623.jpg

Last edited:

TLW '90

Practically Family
Love your boot? I don’t think they make your boot now?
The last one ?
That would be the 1892 series tomahawk, and no they don't make them anymore unfortunately.
I think I payed about $300 shipped then shortly after they were discontinued and being cleared out.
This was back in January of '21.

They look especially great with the Rose Anvil kilties I added.
20210312_123343.jpg

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Love the Kilties I have them in all my boots.
I wonder why they stopped making that Heritage line of boots? I thought they were very nice. I owned at one time two different styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR