Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seen the new BMW horsehide jacket?

Cheshire Cat

New in Town
I purchased the BMW Pure Boxer jacket and think it is a work of art! I wasn't even looking for or in need of a leather jacket but this is so beautiful I couldn't resist. Limited value on my R18 motorcycle unless weather is particularly nice but the jacket can be worn on a casual basis also. Really happy with this purchase. I would like to learn more of its manufacture ie. Who made it for BMW? What type of Cordura leather was used? etc, etc.

Philip Kearns

New in Town
I thought you might have meant that after I posted.

I doubt it's cordovan. It's most likely front quarter horsehide. Who tanned it, I have no idea. Whoever made it for BMW would know.
Having read a little about Cordovan leather I would tend to agree with you however, the sales leaflet specifically refers to Cordovan leather. I have written to BMW asking for more background info on who made it etc.
Regardless it is a beautiful piece in my eyes at least. I will keep you posted if I hear back from BMW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis