Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selection of one (similar) leather color for jacket and shoes/boots.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Matching is a slippery slope, because then you may want to match your belt, too. And the buckle (brass or silver) to match the hardware on your jacket. It can become daunting very fast. It will also look forced. A forced look is not good.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matching is a slippery slope, because then you may want to match your belt, too. And the buckle (brass or silver) to match the hardware on your jacket. It can become daunting very fast. It will also look forced. A forced look is not good.

Good point, I used to want all the hardware in a jacket to match, but realised later that having some nickel studs with brass zips for example works quite well.

And that is before even thinking of matching a belt... and the buckles on the boots if any.

Cannot remember the comedienne but one of the funniest bits I have ever seen is the guy relating a conversation with his girlfriend right after he had discovered what was for sure a fix for his wardrobe woes......wearing all black......but it was exploded when his girlfriend admonished him for wearing shades of black that did not match. He was gobsmacked..........WTF...there are shades of black I have to match???

Cannot remember the comedienne but one of the funniest bits I have ever seen is the guy relating a conversation with his girlfriend right after he had discovered what was for sure a fix for his wardrobe woes......wearing all black......but it was exploded when his girlfriend admonished him for wearing shades of black that did not match. He was gobsmacked..........WTF...there are shades of black I have to match???

Well... I can, kind of, see that. Shades of black means varying shades of gray which means something is old and faded, color washed out, etc. So having just one faded piece makes it stand out in particular if all else is jet black. I've just recently given all my black clothes a soak with black textile dye for that reason alone.

Well... I can, kind of, see that. Shades of black means varying shades of gray which means something is old and faded, color washed out, etc. So having just one faded piece makes it stand out in particular if all else is jet black. I've just recently given all my black clothes a soak with black textile dye for that reason alone.
Well, first of all it was a comedy routine and I found it funny because surely if there is any colour that is safe it would be black......but maybe not.....at least not according to the guy's girlfriend. But I don't put a lot of stock into it because after all it was a comedy bit not fashion advice.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
usually there is some truth in comedy, and there are different hues of black, I bet teacore black would look contrastly different than chrome black, same with my black shirts some look colder some look warmer when paired with my black pants/ jeans

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's hard to match leather jacket to belt or to boots/shoes. But I do follow this rule (same belt and shoe leather) when I have to suit up for formal wear.
For casual wear though, sky is the limit. Nothing matched for me today.
IMG_8383.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner