Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Badalassi Leather Samples

zimmal

New in Town
Hello,

I am in the process of putting together an order for a custom leather jacket, and wanted to order some samples of Badalassi to get a better idea of what the colors look like. However, when I look on leather supply websites I do not see russet as a color. Further, there are a bunch of different options among the types of leather that Carlo Badalassi makes (Minerva Box, Minerva Smooth, NoFin). These different options however seem to have consistent color names between them, none of which are russet.

For example this is the set of colors produced by by Carlo Badalassi in Minerva Smooth
minerva-liscio-color-card.jpg

Would anyone be able to tell me:

1. Which of the Badalassi leathers is typically used by leather jacket makers?

2. Which of these colors are typically called Russet and Walnut? I assume Tabacco and Cognac match their typical use.

Apologies if this is redundant. I have not been able to find a thread with this info so I hope this will be new info for some people.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Different makers will call them differently. There is a Badalassi thread here where I remember posting all my Badalassi colors to compare. If I have to guess, russet = cotto, tobacco = tobacco, chestnut = castagno, I could be wrong, just get leather samples from your custom maker.
I have also bought oliva minerva box from where you got this image I assume. It's 5/6oz leather, very heavy, will take forever to break in, not many makers can sew it. Unless you are into really heavy stuff I don't recommend.
Badalassi Nappa/Lux are probably more suited for jackets, one is matte and no squeak, one is shiny and squeaky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner