Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero black Badalassi Leather Ken's "reworking"

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am deciding on leather for a new jacket. The black badalassi looks intriguing and in my research came across info suggesting Aero had the 'too thick and stiff' badalassi "reworked" by a tannery. Does anyone have more information on this? I would like to know what the "reworking" involved.
Additionally, what is the opinion of Aero's current black badalassi leather? Which designs would work well with this leather?

mvilla

A-List Customer
As far as I know, Nappa Lux doesn't need to be skived down, only Minerva and Minerva Box, one of which is used by Thedi and was previously used by Greg, from Field Leathers. Best person to answer this sort of question would be @Hide'n'seek or email directly to the people from Aero

MrProper

what is the opinion of Aero's current black badalassi leather?
Great I think it is. Feels good and visually I like the best of those I have. I hope my Badalassi Chestnut comes soon.
IMG_7167.jpeg

MrProper

That is a great-looking jacket/fit!! Congrats.
How would you describe the stretch? ("Forgiveness" factor)
Interestingly, my Badalassi has the same weight as my Horween CXSH. Maybe because I asked for a thick hide. Also from the stretch I would see the two in the same league. But there is not much stretch. A little, but not much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo