Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Service at a service station!

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
What a pleasant surprise!

I stopped at the 76 on my way home today to tank up. Since my tank is on the passenger side (I drive a Subaru) I normally get out to stretch my legs instead of making the attendant walk around the car. (for some strange reason, it is illegal to operate the pump yourself in Oregon, but that's another thread...). The attendant, who was probably about my age, asks "Why are you all slicked out?" "I just got off work," I replied honestly. My normal work outfit is chinos, sportcoat, tie, and hat. I started washing my rear window, and the fellow, to my astonishment, offered to do the front one! I thanked him, and he waved his partner over and they both went to work.

I tell ya, between that and the sunny weather, I was in a really good mood on the way home.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I have seen some rare occasions like this. There is also the ever loving club and cheerleader car wash day where members of your high school wash your car. Support your high school folks, even if it's been 20 years since you were a senior!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou