Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Several Cuenca, Ecuador Toquilla Straw Hats 4 Sale

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Cuenca Semi Calado Two-Tone Patterned Brisa Weave, Size M (7 to 7-1/8)

MrsFed and I picked up this semi-calado at Homero Ortega in Cuenca on our recent trip to Ecuador. I picked up a M and a L with Red in mind, thinking the M would be for him and the L for me. Well, the M was a touch tight for Red/Mike (size 7-1/4) so he picked the L.

Red has dubbed this one the Ben Affleck Special as there was a picture at Homero Ortega with Ben wearing this hat. My clear bias has me thinking MrsFed is a better model than Mr. Affleck!

This one is priced at $42 plus shipping to your home.

Creased 4" at the front crown, rising to 5" on the sides and down to 3-3/4" at the back. Brim is stingy at 1-7/8". Comes with a black pug in place of the usual black ribbon, and the sweat looks to be grosgrain ribbon.

Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-VZ57t4W-M.jpg
i-VpRQPKd-M.jpg

i-7W9Mx9V-S.jpg
i-brSkDgL-S.jpg

i-mPscbh8-M.jpg
i-r59JZP3-M.jpg

i-JScSFPK-M.jpg
i-8fnbS7Q-M.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This is a hat I originally thought would be for my daughter, Lil' Fed, or a friend from church. But MrsFed picked out a better "hip" hat for Lil' Fed's B-Day and we got another hat for my buddy.

From a cute shop in the old town area of Cuenca called Velez Sombreros. Cuenca brisa weave with a semi-calado crown for that extra ventilation a guy or gal needs in the heat of summer.

This one is sized L and fits me fine. My head is between a size 7-3/8 and 7-1/2 at 23-3/8" so if you're a true 59 cm/7-3/8 this should fit perfect... maybe down to size 7-1/4 like Redfokker and up to 59.5 cm like me.2

Front crown is right at 4" as creased, sides are 4-1/2" at the highest point with a sleek rake down to 3-1/2" at the back. Brim is 2-1/2" at the front and up to 2-5/8" to 2-3/4" at the sides and back. Front brim can be worn up or down, like most hats, including the two-tone semi-calado posted above.

This one is priced at $45 plus shipping to your home. Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-tsmc9rr-M.jpg
i-FBMbPs9-M.jpg

i-6GXNXqK-M.jpg
i-vTLQLHx-M.jpg

i-rvdBmTs-S.jpg
i-w48WzbF-S.jpg

i-MW8n5Nc-S.jpg
i-5GKSvXN-S.jpg
i-PsXrT4f-M.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Navy Blue Brisa/Loose Weave Cuenca Beauty for warm weather style. Size M, this fits right at size 7 to 7-1/8. Originally bought for MrsFed, she keeps telling me everything is for sale. How cold is that? But it's true, especially since I just bought two Montecristi hat$$$.

This one also has a 4" crown as creased at the front with the sides at 4-1/2" and down to 3-1/2" at the back. A nice teardrop crease, the front brim is 2-1/2" with the sides and back at 2-3/4". Navy ribbon with a pink highlight!

This one is priced at $45 plus shipping to your home. Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-c2tdccn-M.jpg
i-4Mrqm5t-M.jpg

i-tgXCJPk-M.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This is my navy brisa weave Cuenca with burgundy ribbon. Crown is 4-1/16" as creased, sides to 4-1/2" and back rakes down to 3-7/8". Brim is 2-1/8" at the front and 2-1/4" at the sides and back. Like the others, this has a black grosgrain sweatband (The hat from Velez Sombreros has a cloth sweat).

This is sized as an L and fits me pretty well, so I'd say size 7-1/4 (58 cm) to 59.5 cm.

This one is also priced at $45 plus shipping to your home. Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-FZcpPh2-M.jpg
i-fQ8K9wW-M.jpg

i-qcMdJzW-M.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'll just say it. I don't like selling my hats, especially the navy one posted above... and this one. But like I said earlier, I just bought two fairly expensive Montecristi hats and I need to balance things out.

This one was hand selected from hat bodies at the Homero Ortega Hat Company in Cuenca, Ecuador, and made into the hat I requested. Picked as a great hat for hot, sunny weather, it has the loose brisa weave, but is a significant step up in quality from the ~ $40 - $45 hats posted above. A teardrop crease, they call this a Mouse River crease. It has a wide brim which runs from 3-1/8" at the front and back, to 3-3/8" at the sides. The crown is 4" at the front, as creased, with the sides at 4-3/4" at the highest point and the back swooping down in a gorgeous rake to 3-7/8". It has a 1-1/2" navy ribbon with a double winged bow and a black grosgrain sweatband. I asked for this to be blocked at 59.5 cm but it should fit a 59 cm / size 7-3/8 fine as well.

This one is priced at $115 plus shipping to your home. Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-M.jpg
i-x7TP3dv-M.jpg

I'll just say it. I don't like selling my hats, especially the navy one posted above... and this one. But like I said earlier, I just bought two fairly expensive Montecristi hats and I need to balance things out.

This one was hand selected from hat bodies at the Homero Ortega Hat Company in Cuenca, Ecuador, and made into the hat I requested. Picked as a great hat for hot, sunny weather, it has the loose brisa weave, but is a significant step up in quality from the ~ $40 - $45 hats posted above. A teardrop crease, they call this a Mouse River crease. It has a wide brim which runs from 3-1/8" at the front and back, to 3-3/8" at the sides. The crown is 4" at the front, as creased, with the sides at 4-3/4" at the highest point and the back swooping down in a gorgeous rake to 3-7/8". It has a 1-1/2" navy ribbon with a double winged bow and a black grosgrain sweatband. I asked for this to be blocked at 59.5 cm but it should fit a 59 cm / size 7-3/8 fine as well.

This one is priced at $115 plus shipping to your home. Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-M.jpg
i-x7TP3dv-M.jpg
PM sent

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Another selection from Homero Ortega in Cuenca, Ecuador. These are small and medium sized handbags that are hand woven with toquilla straw, then lined with nylon interior with small side pockets inside for phone, or keys, etc. They are fitted with a small magnetic type snap closure and are quite beautiful.

We have one small one left in the brown and cream weave ($64), and two of the larger size in black and cream weave ($75). Prices quoted are plus shipping to your home.

As with the other items, offers are welcome, and thanks for looking!

i-WbCndDk-L.jpg

i-LrPLLKB-L.jpg

i-FSMdw7z-L.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This one is sized L and fits me fine. My head is between a size 7-3/8 and 7-1/2 at 23-3/8" so if you're a true 59 cm/7-3/8 this should fit perfect... maybe down to size 7-1/4 like Redfokker and up to 59.5 cm like me.2

Front crown is right at 4" as creased, sides are 4-1/2" at the highest point with a sleek rake down to 3-1/2" at the back. Brim is 2-1/2" at the front and up to 2-5/8" to 2-3/4" at the sides and back. Front brim can be worn up or down, like most hats, including the two-tone semi-calado posted above.

i-tsmc9rr-M.jpg
i-FBMbPs9-M.jpg

i-6GXNXqK-M.jpg
i-vTLQLHx-M.jpg

i-rvdBmTs-S.jpg
i-w48WzbF-S.jpg

i-MW8n5Nc-S.jpg
i-5GKSvXN-S.jpg
i-PsXrT4f-M.jpg

This semi-calado is now sold. Thank you gentlemen. Offers accepted on the remaining handmade toquilla straw hats and bags.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Cuenca Semi Calado Two-Tone Patterned Brisa Weave, Size M (7 to 7-1/8)

MrsFed and I picked up this semi-calado at Homero Ortega in Cuenca on our recent trip to Ecuador. I picked up a M and a L with Red in mind, thinking the M would be for him and the L for me. Well, the M was a touch tight for Red/Mike (size 7-1/4) so he picked the L.

Red has dubbed this one the Ben Affleck Special as there was a picture at Homero Ortega with Ben wearing this hat. My clear bias has me thinking MrsFed is a better model than Mr. Affleck!

This one is priced at $42 plus shipping to your home.

Creased 4" at the front crown, rising to 5" on the sides and down to 3-3/4" at the back. Brim is stingy at 1-7/8". Comes with a black pug in place of the usual black ribbon, and the sweat looks to be grosgrain ribbon.

Offers are welcome. PM with questions or requests for additional pics. Thanks for looking!

i-VZ57t4W-M.jpg
i-VpRQPKd-M.jpg

i-7W9Mx9V-S.jpg
i-brSkDgL-S.jpg

i-mPscbh8-M.jpg
i-r59JZP3-M.jpg

i-JScSFPK-M.jpg
i-8fnbS7Q-M.jpg
This little semi-calado is now sold off to a family member.

Only the Blue toquilla straw hat with blue ribbon/pink highlight is left, along with the toquilla straw handbags.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well, the last hat has been mailed off to a new home. Thank you, gents. All that remains are the handwoven toquilla straw handbags from Homero Ortega... and those are now 15% percent off the listed prices. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy