Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sexy lingerie

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I hope you don't think I'm "that kind of girl" (as Peggy would say in Mad Men), but I'm actually a fan of a liiittle bit of suspender (as we call garters this side of the pond!) show-through! Sexy!

Some skirts I own in thinner fabrics show the garters through too a bit, and I'll agree with you ;)

You can try this at your own risk, but I actually have bought panty hose and cut out the panty. As long as they are control top, the top won't run. I cut them aboout 2 inches above where the "control top" starts on the leg, so I have a place to hook the garters in.

Yes yes, I have done this so many times! It's especially useful when you find a really cute pattern, and you would love them but for the fact that they are pantyhose.

Vaihingen

New in Town
If you're patient and willing to hand sew (I've never done this successfully with a machine) you can also cut non-control pantyhose (junior tights, etc). I fold it over twice and hand sew a new hem. This works best on tights that are a touch too large for you.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Okay, good thing - lots of scans. Bad thing - NO TIME! :)
I'll start with a bit, and will add them as I'm able. There are also a lot of patterns for dresses, but those probably need a separate thread. So of the thread police will point me in the right direction, I'll be happy to oblige :)

OK. The text is Russian. If you need a translation or you feel clarification on something is necessary (perhaps, right in this post), let me know. (Maybe in a message, so I'll see it at once). I don't promise translations quick, as I'm pretty snowed under with work (and wouldn't I want to know, when I'll be able to breathe again :) ), but I promise to deliver. Also, these are standard patterns. If you sew, or any of your friends or your seamstress do, it's not hard to understand them.

Bra No. 1

Juliet

A-List Customer
And now I'm thinking this should be in a different thread? In any case, do let me know whether I should continue, and if yes, in which thread.

Louise Anne

Suspended
It's hard these day to find photos that show the same lady with her foundation wear and with her nice lingerie slips etc over the top

Personally and clearly it's my own opinion , I think these are sexy saying that stricktly speaking they not lingerie but foundation wear and the two these days they cross over a lot in people minds ( general public) and get mixed up you only have to type lingerie into google and you get corsets and girdles to realize this and not always nice lingerie.

foundation.jpg

In my view foundation wear and lingerie go together to produce to overall look.

Bras and girdles in the Era tended to be designed for function more than form. The more delicate, fancier, more bedroomy pieces were things like chemises and nightgowns and some types of slips.

Juliet

A-List Customer
I just don't understand, how anyone would find the picture Paul posted not sexy. I mean, look at them! Both of those women say - "Well, I didn't expect you, and I didn't have time to do anything extra. I look this gorgeous all the time".

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well, at least we know they are equally bad (or good) at strip poker. Since they are down to the same amount of clothing. :D

Wait- that's the same woman in two different images that have been superimposed on each other- look at her legs- the one in front has "ghost legs." Is she getting up to turn off the light following her victory?

W-D Forties

Practically Family
It's the same woman! I think it's an action shot - sitting down playing cards in her undies (as you do) and then getting up to turn on/off the light. She's still holding the cards.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Ok then should I try and find another photo then:) I was trying to find one with a lady wearing a compleat set "french Knickers" and a garter belt or foundation wear with Stocking but I could only find one or the other, and of course some are not PC either,:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic