Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your collection

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Totally, totally fabulous! Gorgeous! To drool over (but not literally).
The good thing about making a book of ties: it would make them more popular. The bad thing about making a book of ties: it would make them more popular. In a nutshell.

Argee

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd show off my mailbox collection. This isn't everything, I've got several PO Box doors too. Every mailbox on the wall is made of a different material.

4642692941_78e0f6817a.jpg

I'm especially proud of this one. There's one like it in the LBJ presidential library and according to the label text it's one of approximately 100 experimental brass mailboxes the post office made. Just got it, haven't had time to polish it yet.

4642689943_57c47b536d.jpg

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Argee said:
I'm especially proud of this one. There's one like it in the LBJ presidential library and according to the label text it's one of approximately 100 experimental brass mailboxes the post office made. Just got it, haven't had time to polish it yet.

One time I was watching antiques roadshow where a lady brought in an Art Nouveau statue to be appraised. She had polished it up to what it probably looked like the day it was purchased 80 years earlier, only to find out from the Appraiser that it would have been worth more had she left the patina on the statue.
Might not want to make it sparkle just yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran