Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl collar wool A-1 style jacket by Essemplare

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi there,

does anybody of you own (or have handled) this beautiful jacket?

Essemplare10-539x572.png

It's made by Italian brand Esemplare. The guy behind it used to work or still works for Stone Island. So you can guess it's dear but also well made and crafted from heavy, quality materials.

It was part of their 12/13 fall/ winter collection. Only very few dealers carried it in Europe and it is practically sold out everywhere.

I'd still like to hear one or two views form people who own it or have handled it.

Here are some more pics (all pinched of course):

Essemplare9-544x572.png

Essemplare4-544x572.png

Essemplare8-544x572.png

Essemplare2-544x572.png

Last edited:

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Wow, lovely, it's 279 Euro's on the Essemplare sight now, very nice, looks to last a life time.

would like to get a propper shot of the zipper though

Edward

Bartender
A bit of Googling and you've got a bargain there: as long as you're L, XL, or XXL. Dang. :eusa_doh:

Normally it's the other way around!

does anybody of you own (or have handled) this beautiful jacket?

Essemplare10-539x572.png

I know nothing about it, but it looks great! Myself, I've been tempted by this cheaper option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-WW2-U...735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ee6edddf

ts01401.jpg

Probably not on the same level as the on in your post, though I've seen other (cloth) jackets from them that appear to be pretty good. I actually bought one of their Taxi Driver spec Tanker jackets, which is still awaiting the "Bickle, T" stenciling on the back.

majormajor

One Too Many
Normally it's the other way around!

I know nothing about it, but it looks great! Myself, I've been tempted by this cheaper option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-WW2-U...735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ee6edddf

ts01401.jpg

Probably not on the same level as the on in your post, though I've seen other (cloth) jackets from them that appear to be pretty good. I actually bought one of their Taxi Driver spec Tanker jackets, which is still awaiting the "Bickle, T" stenciling on the back.

That's a nice jacket, Edward, and at a brilliant price! Too big for me, unfortunately.

JanSolo

Practically Family
The Spearhead is a nice jacket! But the cut is not as sharp and the fabric a lot thinner (going by the pics). I would have bought something from the Spearhead range if the cut would be less roomy and short. Some of their jackets look nice!

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I shouldn't think it would be too heavy. At that price, though, I am tempted.... I think I'm right in saying the cut is fairly accurate to the originals, though of course for civilian (non-re-enactor) wear, that's all personal preference.

I'm actually rather tempted by some of their other jackets too. They have a tropical Luftwaffe Kanaljacke. No idea whether it's accurate, but it looks like a great jacket for the Summr months when it gets too hot for leather. Also eyeing up their take on the B15....

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I shouldn't think it would be too heavy. At that price, though, I am tempted.... I think I'm right in saying the cut is fairly accurate to the originals, though of course for civilian (non-re-enactor) wear, that's all personal preference.

I'm actually rather tempted by some of their other jackets too. They have a tropical Luftwaffe Kanaljacke. No idea whether it's accurate, but it looks like a great jacket for the Summr months when it gets too hot for leather. Also eyeing up their take on the B15....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic